Chapter 5: Janae

I lie awake in bed thinking of how disastrous today was.

The days that mother and father return are typically pretty hectic and it wasn't the first time that Oakley was in trouble the moment they arrived home.

But today puzzled me.

For father to strike Oakley so hard that he bled was astounding.

It had never happened before.

Oakley must have done something terrible for father to get that angry.

He refuses to ever give reasoning to any of us for any of his punishment and it's very annoying because it always leaves the three of us worried.

This has been happening ever since we were six years old but I've never felt so angry about it.

Before I had kind of just excepted it as normal but now I was beyond angry.

There's no way that this was ok.

So I decided that I should wake my siblings up. It probably isn't the best idea given that it's the middle of the night and all three of them are asleep but I couldn't handle it anymore.

I get up, put my slippers on, and carefully make my way over to my sister's side of the room.

"June" I began shaking her, "Wake up."

She rolls over and looks at me before rubbing her eyes.

"Janae? What wrong? It's the middle of the night."

"Yes I know but I need to talk to the three of you right now, so come with me to wake the boys," I drag her up.

We make our way across the hall and very carefully open the door to our brother's room.

Of course, we must have not been very stealthy because Oakley was already sitting up in bed clutching his sword when we walked in.

It was scary and weird all at the same time. It was scary because he looked ready to fight but also weird because he didn't have a shirt on and looked like a mess.

Now thinking about it, I had never really seen my brother like this. He is always so formal, put together, and intimidating, that catching him off guard also threw me off guard.

"June? Janae? Is that you?" Oakey asked while still holding on to his sword.

His speaking also woke up Oliver who was also in the same predicament as Oakley of looking like a hot mess.

"What's going on?" Oliver said while sitting on and turning on his lamp.

Oakley did the same and then said "Are you guys alright it's super late, you should both be asleep right now."

"Yes, we are fine Janae said she really needs to talk with us," June replies.

"What wrong Janae?" Says Oliver.

They all looked a little concerned and a little annoyed because of the time. I started regretting wanting to tell them about my crazy idea.

"I don't know actually, it's kind of a crazy idea, maybe you should all go back to bed," I said.

"No no no, you woke me up in the middle of the night so it must be important, come over here and spill," Oliver says while motioning me over to his bed.

I took a seat with him and June sat with Oakley.

I took a deep breath before telling them of my plan.

"I think we should run away"

AN: y'all were almost at 200 reads with is crazy, I seriously love you guys <3
The story is starting to pick up so I'm hopeful it will keep growing as I write more.

LOVE YOU