Chapter 7: Oakley

I can't believe we're doing this.

I was too sleep-deprived last night to have been speaking rationally and my siblings tend to take my words as the gospel.

So now the four of us were in my room trying to work out all the details of my sister's crazy idea.

June had to be convinced but once Janae mentioned that she would have to be all alone she agreed to come with us.

I wasn't 100% sure about the idea as a whole but I knew that there would be no convincing Oliver, Janae, and now June and I refused to let them go alone.

They would definitely get themselves killed.

"Okay so mother and father leave in two days, the first thing on the agenda is to let the gate guards know that we will be joining them so that we can leave. Janae and I will handle this. Meanwhile, Oliver, I want you and June to begin packing up things and planning what we will be needing," I say.

"Janae and I will go and then return here to meet you guys to plan further. Remember not to act suspicious and try and stay clear of seeing mother and father," I continue.

I took Janae's arm and we left to head to the main gate. We made it to the front doors and were greeted by the first set of guards.

"Good day your highnesses, Is there something I could assist you with?" The man said to my sister and me.

"Good day sir, we have come to alert you as well as the main gate guards that in two days' time, when the king and queen depart, the four of us will also be leaving shortly after them, and for you to keep the doors open for us," I said while keeping my head up and using my "scary voice" that June likes to call it.

"Yes, your highness, we will do that. Would you like me to spread the word to the main gate guards or would you like to do it yourselves?" He asked.

"We can do it, thank you very much"

Then he opened to door for us and we walked out.

I had never walked out this door before. My siblings and I were born at home so we have truly never left.

It was really easy to get out. If I had known this when I was younger I would have probably already left.

"Do you think mother and father will find out? We can't tell the guards not to say anything, they could be killed for lying to mother and father," Janae said worriedly.

"I hope they won't, it to late now to turn back," I say.

We were walking arm and arm as we approached the main gate guards. They had most likely never seen us. We have only met very few of our own staff.

"Your highnesses," he bowed "What a surprise, how can I help you?"

You could tell he was slightly nervous talking to us. The man himself was huge though so it was kind of funny.

I told him the same thing I told the other guard and he agreed.

"Well that was easy," she said as we got back inside.

We kept walking as I told her, "Yes, maybe a little too easy."

I was of course correct because right before we walked back into Oliver and I's room you will never believe who we ran into.

Mother and Father, are both looking to be heading our way.

I subconsciously pull Janae closer to me in a protective matter and push her behind me a little.

I'm not too scared about them hurting her but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Mother comes up to us and says "Hello, there children, what were you doing?"