Chapter 34: Owen

Last Chapter recap- Janae

"I want to believe you Oakley but you love to lie about how you feel so I don't know if I should or not," I told him honestly.

He sighed, "I understand your reasoning but I promise I am 100% fine."

I sighed as well, unclear of what I should do.

------------------------

I couldn't believe it! Oakley, Oliver, June, and Janae were royalty! Like Princes and Princesses!

Do I have to bow to them and call them Your Highness and stuff now?

I mean it made perfect sense now that I think about it. I have always thought that the four of them looked special and regal. Like they always seemed perfect. From their appearance to the way that they act, they are perfect.

The bigger surprise was Oakley's scars. Something I was all too familiar with.

After talking with the quads, I pulled Jenifer over to the side away from everyone to talk with her.

She has always been a really shy and quiet person but our parents made it even worse. She only ever talks to me and Odin and even then it can be challenging to get her to speak to us.

"Jenny? Are you okay?" I ask her softly.

She nods.

"Do any of your boo-boos still hurt?"

She looks down for a second before looking up again and shaking her head no.

She lies, she looks down when she lies.

"Jenifer, where does it hurt? Show me."

She refuses.

"I'm not going to tell them Jenifer, I pinky promise. I just want to make sure that you are okay."

She thinks about it for a moment before holding out her pinky for me to link.

I do and she takes a deep breath before slowly lifting her shirt.

I gasp at how bad it looks.

Her ribs were completely black and blue. Not a clear patch of skin in sight. The bruise wrapped around her whole body.

She then lifted up her neck and pulled back her hair to show me Daddy's hand prints that were still red and swollen around her neck.

"Im so sorry Jenifer." I said starting to cry a bit. "I shouldn't have left you. If I never would have left then this wouldn't have happened to you."

She took her hands and wiped my tears and softly said, "Well if you hadn't left then we would still be there but instead we are happy and safe here."

I smiled "That is true but still. You are hurt, Jenny. Don't worry I'm sure that June and Janae can help fix it come on." I stood and tried to pull her up.

"No Owen, you promised not to tell them. You can't break a pinky promise." She whispered.

She was right, I would be just as bad as them if I broke a pinky promise.

But surely Jenifer was in lots of pain and I knew that June and Janae could help.

"Jenny, they aren't going to hurt you. They will help you. I want them to help you not be hurt."

She shook her head again.

I didn't understand why she didn't want help.

Then I thought of an idea.

She needed painkillers and some ice to help her pain.

I told Jenifer my plan "I will go tell June and Janae that I don't feel good. That've got like a headache or something and I will ask for an ice pack and some pain killers and then I will just bring them here to you! We can get you what you need and they will never have to know."

It was a great plan if I do say so myself.