Chapter 21: Janae

Last chapter recap - June

He giggled to himself before he said  "Her name matches yours June! Her name is Jenifer."

Oakley and I both looked at each other like we were thinking the same thing.

"Owen? You wouldn't happen to know your last name would you?" Oakley asked.

"Sure! It's Price! Owen Price!"

————————————————————

Never ever in a million years would I have expected Oakley and June to come home with what they did.

Oliver and I were waiting in the kitchen for our siblings to come home because they were taking longer than they should have and we were starting to worry.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. June was holding a sleeping little boy in her arms and Oakley was carrying two huge baskets full of food.

"What on earth do you have," Oliver said exactly what I was thinking.

Oakley sets down the baskets of food on the table as June comes over to us.

"Keep your voice down. He's asleep." June says.

I was so confused, why is my sister holding a kid? Who is this kid and where did it come from?

"You two better explain why you have a little boy with you right now," I said in a demanding tone.

"Well, it's kind of an interesting story. Oakley and I were heading back home when we saw this group of older boys chasing after this little boy. I told Oakley that we needed to help him and when we did we starting talking and found out he was a runaway from abusive parents just like us. We also found out that he has a twin sister whose name starts with a "J" that his name started with an "O" and that their last name was Price. Just, like, us."

"Oh my God," Oliver said with his mouthing hanging open. I'm sure I looked just as surprised as he did.

"So is this little boy our brother? Is that even possible? What's his name?" I said even more confused than I was before.

"His name is Owen and we have no clue if he's related to us or not. He says that he left his house to find his big brother who ran away but promised he would return and then never did. He said that he left his twin sister Jenifer and that he needed to get back to her before his parents hurt her." Oakley told us.

Hearing this my heart broke. This poor little boy sounded like he had way too much on his shoulders.

"So what are we going to do with him? We only have two bedrooms." Oliver asks "Are we going to keep him? Isn't that technically kidnapping?"

June looked over at him "Well of course we have to keep him. We can't send him back out there. I think that the couch in the living room pulls out into a bed. We can put him there."

June must have spoken a little too loud because the next thing I know Owen was sitting up off of June's shoulder. He rubbed his eyes and did a cute little yawn before looking around.

He saw Oliver and me and then leaned back more towards June in fear.

Oakley and June must not have told him about Oliver and me because he looked like a deer in headlights looking at the four of us.

I admit it can be a bit freaky seeing 4 identical people standing next to each other. Not to mention the fact that he just met us and probably has no clue where he is.

"June? Oakley? Who's this?" Owen coward into my sister.

"Owen remember how I told you that me and Oakley were twins like you and your twin Jenifer?" She said gently.