Chapter 45: June

Last chapter recap - Oakley

"Perfect, so then, you have one month to receive 56 strikes. I don't care who and I don't care how you want to split up your 56 but in one month from now 56 strikes will have been delivered to the four of you in one way or another."

Oh shit.

—------------------------

He has to be kidding right?

My father was definitely not kidding.

I couldn't see my brother's faces because they were standing in front of me but I can only imagine what they looked like.

I turned to Janae who seemed to be thinking the same as I, what are we going to do?

As soon as Father walked away Oakley practically dragged the three of us out of there.

"I think I can take 56 in a month? That's less than two a day, I'm sure I'll be alright. You three just stay out of it."

The three of us were all thinking how stupid he was.

No way could he take 56. He's not taking any.

"Oliver, what is 56 divided by three?" I asked

"No, absolutely not," Oakley started to protest.

"18 with a remainder of 2," Oliver replied.

"Great so 18 for the three of us and Oakley if you really want it you may have the last two." Janae was then cut off by Oakley again. "No, there is no way in hell any of you are taking any kind of punishment. It's my responsibility, not yours."

"Excuse me, but it was my idea to run away. If anything this is all 100% my fault and I should take all 56 but I don't think anyone could take 56 in one month so logistically, splitting it three ways is the best because Oakley you physically can't take it. I don't care what you say or what you want, your body can not handle it anymore. You already barely have any skin remaining on your back, you are done taking punishments for us." Janae started going off.

"Excuse me but I think you are forgetting who you are talking to. I have legal power over all three of you and I officially order that the three of you will not take any kind of punishment." Oakley was dead serious.

But so was I "Listen here Oakley, I don't care who you say you are but you are first my brother and no brother of mine is going to get themselves killed for my own sake. Because that is what will happen if you try and take 56 strikes with the way that your body is right now. You are done. The three of us will handle it. We are not little kids that you need to protect. We are not naive and we are the same age. You are not responsible for us."

"BUT I AM!" he yelled in my face.

"NO, YOU ARE NOT." Two can play that game.

"Woah woah woah enough. Do not start screaming at each other." Oliver came and had to physically pull the two of us apart.

"Oakley your body can not handle it. We will be fine. Stop acting like you are so superior to us. We are all the same. You are not better than us, you don't deserve it any more than we do. We all ran away and we all will be punished for it. Oakley you already got 28, you are done being punished, it is our turn. You can't protect us forever."

Oakley looked so angry.

I probably did too.

I don't think I have ever argued with one of my siblings like that but I couldn't help it. Oakley can't take anymore and is crazy if he thinks we will let him.

"You don't understand June because you are the youngest but I can not let that happen to the three of you. I would rather take all 56 and die than let one of you get even one strike. It is not happening. I will order the guards to lock all three of you up and I am not kidding. None of you are taking any kind of punishment." Oakley said dead serious and so calmly that it was almost scary.