Chapter 41: Owen

Last Chapter recap- Janae

As much as I hated being locked up here and knowing that we had been caught and that our lives were practically over.

I was glad to be back together.

Oliver brought June over to where Oakley was sitting only for us to find out-

Oakley was covered in hives too.

—-----------

"Jenifer!" I yell and then run into the cell to hug her.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I ask.

She stepped closer to me so that no one heard her speak.

"Yeah, I'm ok but Oakley's really sick. We were just walking around when that man found us and brought us here. Oakley kept me hidden in his jacket so I don't really know everything," She says.

"I don't want you to talk with Oakley anymore," I instructed her.

I was still very angry at him. I didn't care if he was sick or not.

"What? Why?"

"Because Jenny, he did not keep you safe. He took you away from me. He broke his pinky promise. He said that you would be safe and that you would only be gone for an hour. He lied."

She squinted her eyebrows at me. "But Owen what happened wasn't his fault and he did keep me safe." She did a little spin. "See, not a scratch on me."

Did she not understand? "But Jenifer he's the reason that we got caught! What do you think is going to happen to us when they get sent back to their parents? We are going to be sent back to ours!" I was so angry that I practically screamed in her face.

I didn't mean to yell at her but I was so mad.

I looked around our cell and no one even noticed me yelling at Jenifer. They were all too busy with Oakley!

I hate him so much.

He's the reason that I yelled at Jenifer. He's the reason that we are going to get sent back to our parents. He's the reason that we are all stuck in jail right now.

I turned back to Jenifer who had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry for yelling at you Jenifer. I didn't mean to, I'm just so upset right now."

"It's not his fault that we got caught Owen. Please do not be mad."

"Yes, it is his fault! I knew it would be a bad idea for you to go and now what? We are going to have to go back to mom and dad. They are going to actually kill us, Jenifer. Do you like being hurt? They are going to hurt us even worse than before and it's all his fault!" I screamed.

Jenifer was now fully sobbing. I'm glad that reality was finally hitting her.

I was a mix of angry and scared.

Angry that this had even happened in the first place, scared for what was to come.

"B-but they pinky promised that we would not have to go back to Mom and Dad." She cried.

"Yeah well, they also pinky promised that you would be safe and that you would return and they broke our promise!" I continued to yell, not even caring anymore.

"But it was an accident!" Jenifer yelled back at me. She had never yelled at me before and I'm surprised she did it in front of everyone.

Her yelling was enough for us to catch Janae's attention.

"What is going on over here? Why are both of you yelling and crying?"

I wiped under my eyes only to find out that I had also been crying.