Chapter 46:Odin

—---8 Weeks ago—---

"Please don't go. Do you have to?"

I looked into my sweet baby sister's tear-filled eyes.

"Jenny I promise that I will only be gone for a little bit. Two weeks max. And then I will come back for the two of you and we will never have to come here again."

"But I get scared when you are not here. You have never left us for that long." I turned and looked at Owen who had the same matching tears as Jenifer.

"Listen, I know it will be hard but you two will have each other and I promise that I will be back soon."

"Do you pinky promise?" Jenifer stuck out her pinky.

I linked my pinky with hers and then did the same with Owen.

"I pinky promise."

—------------------------------------

I meant to go back and get the twins. I really did.

I just couldn't bring them to where I was going. It would be more dangerous than leaving them with our parents.

I don't like referring to them as parents because they are shit.

I worked at a club as part of their entertainment staff. They had a fighting arena and I was their undefeated champion for the past two years.

I make a very small base amount but get to collect money from people's losing bets, tips, and I get my opponent's prize money.

Since I am undefeated rarely do I get money from people losing bets. Everyone knows better than to bet against me. Only new people who think I'm just some dumb 16-year-old kid place bets against me.

Almost all the money I get goes into savings. So that when I'm 18 I can take the twins and leave. Get us out of there, move us far away, and be able to financially support the three of us.

That was the plan until I came home after a rough night at work to find Jenifer with a knife wound in her side and Owen with a broken arm.

—--- 9 weeks ago—--

I walked in the door super late. It was probably around 4 am.

I made my way down to the basement where my baby brother and sister should be sleeping. I always went to check on them first when I came home from work.

I walked down the stairs only to be met with crying from both of them.

"Jenifer? Owen? What's wrong." They were cuddled up in the corner, Jenifer holding an old shirt of mine to her side that was soaked through in blood.

Owen was trying to help hold it on her but it was obvious that his arm was not where it was supposed to be and he was in just as much if not more pain than her.

"Oh my God. What the hell did they do to you?" I didn't even know where to start.

Jenifer could bleed out and that seemed more life threatening so I went to her side first.

"Ow ow ow ow," She cried as I tried to remove the shirt to look at her wound.

"I know Jenny, I know. Please let me see." She was squirming all over the place from pain.

It was bad, "What happened?" I asked them.

"Daddy's knife" was all she managed to get out.

I was so angry. I was ready to murder my father, but I had to keep my composure for the twins.

It took me almost two hours to get both of them wrapped up, cleaned up, and peacefully sleeping.