Chapter 23: Oliver

Last Chapter Recap - Owen

I climb onto the couch and June pulled the blankets over me. "Goodnight Owen sleep well" and then placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight"

----------------------------------

"He's a cute kid," Oakley said softly after we had put Owen to sleep on the couch.

The four of us were sitting at the kitchen table watching Owen as he snored slightly.

June lied her head down on the table "Yeah but what are we going to do with him? We need to get him back with his brother Odin and it sounds like we need to help his twin sister Jenifer. I mean we know firsthand what it's like to live in an abusive home and it sounds like she's got it worse than we did. Not to mention she's 6 and all alone. We have to help her." She was now sitting up completely and almost yelling.

I grabbed her hand "calm down Junie. We all agree that this is a very sticky situation on our hands."

Janae also sat up "This is more than just a sticky situation. This is a potentially dangerous situation. I mean technically we just kidnaped this kid. Who knows who is looking for him? We already got into trouble with the police once so far, I don't want to get in trouble again."

She was right. The memories of the officer in the abandoned house ran through my mind. Holding both of my scared sisters, hiding in a closet.

Oakley looked around at the three of us "Listen, based on what Owen has said, I highly doubt that we will get into any trouble from kidnapping. It sounds like his parents are shit and don't care. They probably won't even file a police report."

I turned to June who I could tell just got an idea in her head. "That's it! Why don't we report this situation to the police? I'm sure that they would be able to help us. We could bring Owen with us and have him tell them about his parents and where he lives. Then they could go and get Jenifer and help us find their older brother."

Oakley immediately shook his head at June's idea. "For us to give a police report they will want to know our names. I think you are forgetting that we are illegal runways. It's been about two weeks since we left and mother and father were supposed to arrive home one month after we left which means that we probably only have two more weeks left until they realize we are missing and will start a nationwide hunt for us. We will probably have to go into very secure hiding and doing something like going to the police will probably get us caught and we can't help them at all if we get sent back home."

"Not to mention the fact that it's highly likely that we are already being hunted for if the staff realized that we were not supposed to escape and alerted mother and father." Oakley continued.

Damn. Oakley was right, as always. I kind of forgot about that. I was really enjoying our newfound freedom that I had completely forgotten about the fact that there was a very high probability that we are on the world's most wanted list right now.

"I am worried though about his sister Jenifer. If Owen is telling us the truth then we don't have much time to find her. It sounds like their parents are pretty bad and they desperately need help." Oakley said.

It saddened me to think about a little girl, Owens's twin, in danger. Owen was such a sweet and cute kid so I imagine his sister was the same if not more. How people could be so cruel was beyond me.

I then brought up another topic of discussion. "Well, what about the fact that it's possible that they might be our biological siblings? I mean come on, their names have the same pattern as ours and their last name is Price like us."

I looked around and saw that this idea got the gears in all my siblings' minds grinding.

Oakley was the first to speak, "I mean it's possible but what about the fact that they have an older brother named Odin that's 16? That's two years older than us. If they were our biological siblings there is no way that father would give him up. That would make Odin the heir and not me."

He was right. It didn't make sense that father would have given up Odin. I mean I wouldn't put it past the man if the twins were the only ones at play but the fact that they had a brother that was older than us threw us all off.