Chapter 17: Janae

Last chapter recap - June

"June it's okay. They will find us we just need to get out of there."

"Yeah, I guess you are right." I lay my head back down and he walked.

It was now basically dark out and I have no clue where Oliver is taking us, I just hope nothing like that happens ever again.
————————————————————

Oakley and I got back to the alley and all that was left was June's hat, soaked in blood.

"Don't touch it, Janae," Oakley said putting his arm in front of me.

"Oakley? Why is June's hat on the floor? And why is it covered in blood?
And where are Oliver and June?"
I asked terrified. I knew he didn't know but I didn't know what else to say.

"I don't know Janae but let's not jump to any conclusions, I'm sure they are around here and that there is a reasonable explanation." He said but he didn't sound so sure.

He went and picked up the hat with the tip of his sword and threw it in the garbage bin.

"Alright, well, let's just walk down the street and look for them. Just stay with me ok?"

I nodded and held on tightly to his arm.

We walked around the block for a few minutes until we reached another alley where we saw our brother and sister sitting on the ground.

Something must have been seriously wrong because June would never sit on the ground.

"Oliver? June?" Oakley shouted out.

"We're here," Oliver said in a sorrowful voice.

It was too dark to see them from afar but I was not expecting what I saw when we got close enough to see them.

Oliver's shirt was soaked in blood. June had a big red hand print on her face, bruises on her wrist, and what looks like claw marks on her arm.

"What the hell happened?!" Oakley asked. We both got down on the ground with the two of them.

"We got into a bit of a fight," Oliver said with a smirk.

"Yeah, no shit Oliver, who were you guys fighting and why were you guys fighting." Oakley was pissed off.

He's very protective of all three of us and he can't stand it when we are hurt.

"Are you guys okay? Where are you guys hurt?" I asked, trying to get to the point. We can figure out what happened later.

"Oliver, is that your blood or someone else's blood on your shirt?" Oakley asked trying to control himself and stay calm.

"Mostly someone else's but I got sliced pretty good on the arm," Oliver said and rolled up his sleeve but it kept getting stuck from the blood.

"Take your shirt off Oliver, you can have mine but we need to hurry this up and see what's wrong with you," Oakley told him.

"No no no, look at June first. Make sure she's ok." He argued.

"No Oliver, you were sword fighting with a man with a knife. Check him first he's probably got tetanus or something from the man's knife. The only thing that's wrong with me is a few bruises and a handprint." June argued.

"Okay, well what hurts the most right now? Both of you. We have an apartment now so we can go there and actually fix you up but what sort of immediate care do the two of you need." Oakley said.

"I'm fine Oakley, but please just let Janae look and put a bandage on Oliver," June begged.

"Let me see Oliver," I told him.