Chapter 28: Owen

CHAPTER 28: Owen

Last chapter recap- Janae

"My twin sister Jenifer. I can just feel it. She needs help now."

I knew what kind of feeling he was having. I had the same happen to me when something was wrong with June and sometimes the boys.

Oakley who was still holding Owen looked at him and said, "What's wrong with her, can you tell?"

Owen had a far-off look in his eyes and zoned out for a second before saying, "She's dying. She needs help right now."

—------------------------------

I was panicking.

She was in my dream.

I saw her tied up in our basement, bleeding badly.

I could feel her thirst, hunger, and pain.

She needed me.

I missed her so badly.

Oakley was holding me and rocking me back and forth trying to calm me but there was no use. I wouldn't be able to sleep again until she was okay. Until I saw her.

"Oakley we have to go now. We need to go and save her. Maybe mommy and daddy will be gone tonight and we can go and save her. I could show you how to get there." I said trying to squirm out of his arms and go.

He didn't let me go and just held me tighter as I squirmed. "Owen. We understand what you are saying and we want to help you but we need you to calm down."

Did he not understand?

My sister is dying and I need to get to her now.

"No no, I need to go now!" I yelled as I managed to break free from his grasp and ran towards the door.

I opened the door and tried running outside but was grabbed by Oliver before I could.

"No no no! Let me go! I have to go!" I screamed at him and then started kicking my legs trying to get free.

I had to get to her. I had to go and save her. Did they not understand?

"Owen! Calm down! We are going to go and save her but we need a plan. We can't just go in there and kidnap your sister." Oliver said still keeping a tight hold on me.

He was right. We needed a plan but we needed one quickly. We didn't have any time to lose.

"Can I put you down without you trying to run off again?" Oliver asked.

I nodded and then he sat me down on his lap as we all sat down around the kitchen table.

"Okay Owen, first things first how do you know that she is in trouble?" Oakley said.

I told them about my dream "She was tied up. In the basement and she was bleeding really badly. She's also very hungry and thirsty. After I woke up I became super hungry and thirsty even though I just ate dinner and drank a glass of water. I can also feel her fading. She's like a light that gets dimmer and dimmer. We have to get to her soon." I tried remaining calm but I was squirming again by the end of talking.

I felt Oliver's grip on me tightening but I knew that he was just trying to make sure I wouldn't run off again. I wanted to run after her but I knew that I would need their help.

"Owen, how far away is your house from here? Could we get there tonight?" Oakley asked.

I nodded. It didn't take me long to get here. I figured that Odin wouldn't have gone too far and I wanted to stay close to Jenifer so I stayed in the town over from where we lived.