Chapter 26: June

Last  chapter recap- Oakley

Janae sat up and wiped her face, she smiled and said with a laugh "Don't make promises you can't keep Oakley. We all know you are too prideful for your own good.

She was right but I did mean it. I was going to try and do better as much as I hated having to be dependent on them. I hated seeing them this upset more.

—---------------------

I love Oakley so much but my God is he an idiot.

He literally was walking the string of death and almost didn't tell us. I mean if we had not gotten him to the hospital when we did the doctor said it could have been hours before he died.

He is too stubborn and I fear that one day it will cost him dearly.

It almost did today and it still might.

When we brought him in we had to tell them his name and ours. They didn't react to it though so I assume that word has not gotten out that we are missing.

Although when it does, the people at this hospital will know that we were here which may or may not get us caught.

If Oakley would have just told us in the first place that his wounds weren't healing right or that he thought they might be infected we wouldn't have had to bring him here in the first place.

We had to make up lies to tell Owen and the doctor what had happened.

We told them that Oakley had been attacked by a dog and that is where the infection came from.

If word got out that our father was the one that did that to Oakley the people would go crazy. They would not trust him to lead and might do something crazy like try to storm the palace.

Oakley would also never live that down. If word got out that he let our father do that to him he would be seen as weak and unfit to be king. It would completely destroy our family's name.

So we lied to the doctor and to Owen because it was inevitable that he would see that when the doctor looked at Oakley.

Owen was so sweet. He was really concerned about Oakely, every second he would ask "Is Oakley going to be okay? What's going to happen to him? Is he going to wake up soon? What is the doctor doing to him?"

We brought him to the hospital and the doctor ran many tests and told us that he was dehydrated and had severe sleep exhaustion along with the deadly infection.

Oakley was literally going to kill himself.

He was already passed out on Oliver's back when we brought him in so the doctor said that he was going to give him medicine that would help keep him asleep.

The four of us stayed with him in the hospital room for the whole two days while he was out, occasionally taking turns leaving to go home and get things we needed.

Thankfully all of us were there when he woke up. Owen noticed first, running up to him in excitement. I knew that Oakley was very confused when he woke up and that he excepted answers immediately.

Thankfully Oliver picked up on this and took Owen out of the room to the cafeteria so that my sister and I could talk to him in private.

After yelling at Oakley a bit and reminding him how dumb he is we told him what the doctor said to us and right as we finished talking Oliver and Owen returned with trays of food.

"Here you go, Oakley! I got us both grilled cheese sandwiches!" Owen said excitedly while running up to Oakley and coming to sit next to him.

"Be gentle Owen, Oakley is still healing," I told him while helping him get up by picking him up and sitting him next to my brother.