CHAPTER FIFTEEN : AFTERMATH

Currently Sage was idling out in the vents. Not the most glamorous of spots to find a minx lurking but oh well. She crouched low and listened in as voices began to speak.

I hope there's something juicy I can share with Astra!

" We've made some progress, but we can't find anything on this Shigaraki so far."

Shigaraki what now? Who was that?

" There's no one registered as having a disintegration quirk. We're still looking."

Disintegration huh? Sounds fun! I'll remember that.

" So they're not citizens or using aliases."

" Hard to find either way."

So in other words they don't know jack shit, sigh.

" The attack was too bold.. no sane adult would have ever attempted it and yet he managed to get more than a hundred villains behind his cause. The ringleader kept talking about how they'd do this and that but he never really said anything about himself. He acted in all regards, like a child. He acted like a man child."

The more you talk the more you slip up.. perhaps this kid isn't the mastermind behind the plan then..

" There were 72 villains arrested in the aftermath. All small-time thugs. One thing though. There was a small group of 10 or so that were killed. And the villains claim it was a U.A student."

Crap..

" Can we trust them though these are first year students we were talking about."

" All Might you know these students best next to Aziwa. What are your thoughts."

Silence rang through the air and Sage struggled to remain still and quiet.

" For as long as I've taught these students not a single one... no. I don't think any of them could kill."

Crap.. he knew!

" If a student did do this it would be best to keep it under wraps. I don't condone murder but those kids faced real villians today. The stakes were high for them, I can sympathise so let's let this matter go for now."

Phew...

Sage had a sinking feeling that All Might suspected Astra. She had to get back to her companion and warn her!

◆◆◆

Meanwhile the three hounds, who had gained a physical form thanks to the restoration of the magic flow were lurking in a back alley.

Each one sniffed the trail of magic. The only trail that had been open while the rest were closed off. Major growled softly and the other two followed him.

Something was hiding in the shadows, in wait...

◆◆◆

School was closed the day after the attack and Astra knocked on Izuku's door. Over the course of this week they'd grown apart. She wanted to mend the rift that had somehow managed to form. That and she felt a little sorry for kicking him.

" Izuku?"

Izuku looked up from the computer at his desk and glanced her way and looked back at his computer. Astra sighed," You can't possibly be mad at me?"

He balled his hands into fists his eyes shining in silent frustration," I went to help and you-"

" Saved your ass! I saved your ass," Astra moved closer, switching the screen off and stared into his eyes until he looked away," what were you planning on doing when his hand reached out? Did you have a plan?"