CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : EXAM

A guy with blue skin and bolt like eyes started to worry, Astra could see it in his eyes. Thanks to her heightened senses she could detect what they were saying," None of our attacks are working."

" Maybe not, but we have a plan."

Oh, what plan would that be?

She watched with a sharp eye as the boy with spiky black hair jumped down from his perch on the mountains. He seemed to be their ringleader. Grinning like a maniac he put his hands to the earth.

The earth started to shake then and Astra felt herself get sick all over again. Clutching her stomach she ignored the screams and panic coming from her friends. Letting life take her. If she died then perhaps the world would stop shaking so damn much.

Comically the girl tipped to the side and felt herself falling. Blinking away the motion sickness for a breif moment Astra warped, she didn't know where she'd land and could only hoped it was somewhere the earth didn't shake.

◆◆◆

Joke scoffed at Aziwa's brazen attitude," Strength of will is far more important then attending some famous academy. When you think you're the stars you end up looking down on others you reveal your weakness. That's how you fail.

◆◆◆

Astra landed ontop of a very precarious pillar that overlooked the entire stadium. Standing up she balanced on the leaning tower. There was an explosion somewhere to the east and when the smoke dispersed Astra grinned at the ice that formed from behind. It would appear that Shouto was having a bunch of fun all by himself. She wanted to see what all the fuss was about when static from the speakers above stopped her. She glanced at the clouds that drifted past suspicion in her eyes.

Then there was a scream that blasted out through the speakers and Astra winced, glaring at the sky as the person overhead coninuted to speak," There are 120 people taken down by a single person!!"

" That surprised me so much. I assume we'll see a lot of people passing from now on. Everyone lets get this out of the way so I can take a break! Good? Good."

That was a challenge if ever she heard one. 120 people taken down by one person? She grinned ready for the fight when something caught her eye. Astra looked behind her and noticed the mountains had been completely ripped apart and she iched for a fight. That guy that blew the mountain to bits seemed like a good person to play with.

That was when she smelt it, the blood, Kyoka's.

Confused and slightly alarmed she completely forgot about the challenge and the boy on the mountain and looked in the direction of blood. With keen eyes she locked onto a building. They must be in there. The fourth level windows were all cracked, making visuals inside impossible, even for her eyes.

However she could smell them and their scents were the strongest from behind the windows. From her vantage point even if they were visible they'd only be dots in her vision, she was that far away.

Astra jumped off the pilar and landed ontop of a city skytower. She jumped from building to building moving faster then any normal person could keep visual off. Worry nawed at her insides as the smell of blood only increased the closer she went.

Astra closed in on the building and neared the door, it was locked. Ticked off the girl slammed a fist against the metal and watched as the doors dent and flew inward and Astra walked briskly passed the mangled doorframe and the body trapped beneath, neither of much importance.

Even from up here she could hear the banter from other students, but she could aso hear Koyka's voice, distant though it may be," Well then what do we do!" She counded desperate and on the verge of having a breakdown.