CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Astra didn't know what happened. One minute she was hanging by a thread, her sanity tied in loose knots around her neck. Next, she was standing on two legs, hovering above the floor, her wings flapping gently.

Astra's mind was clear, as though something fundamental had gone. She stared at the room with cold eyes, her gaze taking in everything. The blonde boy whose name still eluded her, the two bodies trying their best to slink away, the feline she should know but couldn't bring herself to remember lay on the floor where she was hanging not moments ago.

In a flash she was in front of the ruby eyed mage, grimy hands wrapped around the mage's pale neck. A gurgled cry rose from the women and when the man tried to push Astra away she sent him an irritated look and with a glance the man was thrown against the wall.

" You, what's your name?"

The voice coming out of Astra was Astra's, only it wasn't. It felt too cold to be hers, too distant, as though she was watching everything happen through a screen. Astra watched as her fingers squeezed tighter around the women's neck.

She tried to unlatch her hand from the woman's throat but couldn't. Panic clawed its way up Astra's throat only it wasn't her throat anymore, it was someone else's. She watched everything happen through her eyes, only they weren't her eyes.

Nothing made sense anymore.

Astra, or whoever was controlling her body squeezed tighter and the women wheezed out," Charmane."

Astras' expression didn't change," Who is your master?"

She laughed and choked when her throat protested the action," I have no master."

Astra's iridescent eyes flashed in annoyance. She watched as the women writhed in pain. Distantly she could hear bones snapping and she thought the metallic smell of blood drifted through the air though she couldn't be certain.

Her vision was hazing over until only darkness consumed her.

◆◆◆

Sahvina wasn't sure where she was, all she knew was that the body she had been inhabiting for the past decade or so was calling for help.

She'd never heard her human sound so desperate or pitiful, it made Savhina tremble with anger. Whoever was responsible for causing her human such pain would pay for their mistakes.

They messed with the wrong mage.

Savhina looked into the pitiful human eye sockets and mouthed the words. Though the language was not her own she knew it well enough," The name of your master?"

The poor excuse of human flesh merely laughed derisively. This sack of flesh had too many delusions about her importance in this world. Savhina would rectify that poor sods' misunderstandings soon.

" I have no-"

The sound of someone slowly dying echoed faintly in Savhina's ears and she grinned. Oh how she had missed this, the rush of power, the wretched thing was on the floor moving like the worm she was.

Her red eyes bulged in terror as she stared into nothing but her own sorry future that would await her should she refuse to speak.

The woman croaked as she clawed at her throat the words coming unbidden and cracked in the silence," All For One, The Grace of God."

Savhina nodded in acceptance and snapped her fingers, the women dropped to the concrete floor. Her body hit the ground with a dull thud, blood pool beneath her prone form.

Savhina looked around, the other mage had gone. She blinked once and the illusion vanished. He'd tried to hide himself, not so stupid after all. Too bad he was the reason my human was in so much pain. She could practically smell the sweat that came from him.