CHAPTER THRITY FOUR : GREY?!

Grey woke with a start and tried to move. Key word here; tried. His wrists were bound and to make matters worse someone had thrown him behind bars.

If Grey had half a brain intact perhaps he would've realised the restraints were only metal and made for quirks, not magic, alas...

" Fucking dickhead!"

Greys anger was steadily rising as he remembered the events that had taken place before he'd woken up. That masked creep had that little girl, Eri.

Ice imitated from within his cage and if anyone were to pass by they'd probably die from hypothermia. The concrete beneath his leather boots turned to ice and the roof of the cave formed stalagmites.

It was only then that he noticed the restraints were nothing more then dinky little hand cuffs. Specifically used for those of the non magical variety. Smirking at the foolish mistake he froze the cuffs stiff and pulled them apart with ease.

The metal bent and snapped, shards splintered and fell away, clattering to the ice. Grey paid nonmidn to the mess and walked out. The bars broke apart easy enough and soon he was out, striding for the door.

He would have made it out too if it weren't for the pressure building inside his head. Grey furrowed his brows, unocustioned to the discomfort. The pressure grew and grew until Grey found himself on his knees.

Shocked he tries to stand but found himself unable," What the fuck-"

" That should be my line."

Grey looked up to find the same masked guy that had abused Eri. He wore an eye patch over his right eye. Grey snickered," You look like you've pissed off one to many mages."

The masked man only sighed," It would appear he's gon insane. Not to worry, I can remedy that."

In the blink of an eye Grey was on the floor, his world shattering. Bits of himself ripped apart and joined back together, but everything was in the wrong spot.

When he woke up again it was to a dank prison cell. Unlike before however, he had no strength left in him to move. Grey couldn't move, not a single muscle and everything in him protested.

It would appear he had found his new home in the grim covered concrete sewer smelling cave. What a fucking nightmare.

◆◆◆

Grey opened his eyes, much to his disappointment the room had not changed. He had wished and hoped it had all been a dream. However his imagination was not taht powerful.

There's was an unsteady thump in his cheats; it was loud and thumping against his rib cage begging to be let out. He couldn't move, something in him wouldn't move. He couldn't speak, couldn't lift a finger, couldn't even breath right. He could do nothing but stare at the roof and listen to his breath become more erratic the longer he stayed here.

After a long moment though he managed to think properly. He made a mental list of everything that had happened. It was like swimming through a thick bog and looking for a diamond in the rust.

Grey lay on the bed on concrete for what must have been years before he finally moved. His head tilted to the side ever so slightly as he realised the reality he was now facing.

He didn't want to accept it. He wouldn't. He couldn't. But the walls felt to cold to be fake. He had been trapped and little green goblins dressed in plague masks were dancing around his cage like it was a fucking petting zoo. It made no sense but at the same time it made complete sense.

The masks would leave but every so often they'd rate their ugly mugs and remind Grey exactly why he hated masked men so much.

And just when Grey was about to move the pain would blossom within him like a flower about to blossom. It would bloom, it's petals poison, it's pollen a a drug.