CHAPTER THIRY EIGHT : I-ISLAND

Aderha scorned the humans for their greed knew no end. Brethren she'd once laughed with were now being worn as armor on the backs of their killers.

Her anger knew no bounds. Blind and unable to move from the tree she'd been bound to Adherha waited for the earth to eat the bark away. She waited a million but the tree never gave way. Its bark stood strong, its leaves emitting a soft glow.

She looked to the sky; a small hole where she could see the moon before it fell away and day broke. It was always so dark in her prison, so very dark.

And the ocean that surrounded her, for it must've been an ocean since she could not see the other side was cold.

So very cold and so very alone was Adhera in this prison the humans called her home.

Blood dropped from open wounds that had never and would never heal. It soaked the ground she slept on and bleed into the water. Turning it a muddy brown.

And then she heard footsteps and Adhera shrunk back in fear. But there were only so many places a dragon could hide, only so many places she could run.

Her smile was feral, her eyes a bright copper, her words a sharp blade.

" It's time.."

And then the world went black and all Adhera could feel was the knives carving their way through her scales. The reason her wounds never healed; the humans wouldn't let them.

She screamed, her cries echoing in the cave. That night Adhera fell asleep; blood dripping from the wound in her mouth.

◆◆◆

Astra woke in a cold sweat and fell unceremoniously to the dirt floor. She'd been sleeping in the trees of a nearby park. Kicking the stones in frustration she sighed," It'd be a hell of a lot better if I could remember the blasted dreams."

" Fret not what your minuscule human mind cannot comprehend."

Astra had become very close to her dragon in the past weeks. She had no one else to talk to and ever since the dreams Savhina had been making frequent appearances.

Astra scoffed,' Afraid I'm going to pass out from the shock of it?"

" Afraid so little human."

' Wow, thanks."

" Anytime, anytime at all..."

Walking the streets of Japan was beginning to appear more tiring each time. Especially since villains had begun to turn rampant in the last couple of days," Stupid villains and their stupid tendencies to be an inconvenience."

Astra opened a door to a corner store in hopes of finding some deodorant and instead found a gun pointed right at her face. Raising a brow she quipped," The hell are you trying to do? Shoot someone?"

Astra flicked the gun away none too gently and the guy on the other end went flying into the shelves behind him. Ignoring him and his goons she went straight to the hygiene aisle and picked up some deodorant. Humming all the while.

Walking to the counter she found some guy holding a gun at the cashier. The cashier was stuffing a bag full of cash and Astra grunted. Minutes passed and Astra was getting a little annoyed.

She pushed the guy in front of her to the side," If you're not gonna buy anything piss off."

" Do you not see the guns pointed at you?! You're not buying fuck all you bitch!"