Chapter 53 - Followed

Laurent and Playmo made plans to go to the airport together to pick up Larry and Celeste.  Laurent offered to drive them, so it was decided Playmo would meet Laurent at his condo.   Laurent had gone into work early that morning so he could leave work a bit early.

On his way home, he'd picked up a few items from a favorite store and had called in to one of his favorite restaurants, that delivered, to place a dinner order and to make some special delivery arrangements. He had special plans for he and Larry for later that evening. He had some time after he got home before Playmo was due to arrive, so Laurent freshened up and changed into something more comfortable.

Once Playmo arrived at Laurent's condo, he and Laurent had an hour or so to kill before it was time to head to the airport, so they spent the time hanging out, laughing it up and otherwise updating each other on aspects of their lives, such as the progress of Playmo and Celeste's B&B, Playmo and Celeste's excitement at being back in the DC area, the latest sports news, and how things were progressing with Larry as he began settling into his new life in Virginia.  

They also briefly talked of Playmo's new, or rather renewed pastime.  Both he and Laurent were occasional recreational golfers. Playmo was almost gleeful when he told Laurent of his recent trips to the golf course near his and Celeste's new place since she'd been in New York with Larry the past couple days.

Although Laurent knew Playmo loved his Hudson Valley home and the life he and Celeste made for themselves there, it was nice to see this side of Playmo too, clearly enjoying his first summer back in the Washington, DC/Virginia metro area, and the increase to his social life this change was presenting.  Much like he and Celeste enjoyed before they moved to Hudson Valley, Upstate, New York after Playmo retired.

Laurent was happy to have Playmo and Celeste back in town.  But he was especially a little gleeful himself.  His bunny was on his way home, and he had something planned for them for later that evening; something he hoped Larry would appreciate. Laurent had even more plans as to how he wanted the night to end from there.

Larry was just as excited as Laurent to be returning home.  Earlier, prior to he and Celeste leaving New York that day, Larry had sent Laurent a text. He'd mentioned that their flight so far was reporting as being on time. Larry had also expressed in his text that he missed Laurent and was looking forward to seeing him once he got home. Laurent had reciprocated Larry's sentiment of missing him, that he couldn't wait to see him, and added that he not eat anything heavy as he had made dinner plans for them.

As he and Playmo were shooting the breeze, Laurent's mind began to wander. He barely recognized his life now, how it's changed since meeting Larry, and surprisingly, how much he found he liked the changes. He found his life with Larry to be...easy, richer, strangely un-intrusive, even more joyous in ways he could never have imagined.

As much as he'd always loved his privacy, Laurent found there was something to be said for having someone you dearly loved, and who reciprocated that love, waiting for and looking forward to when you came home every day. He loved his bunny deeply. Never more did he realize this as when he and Larry had to spend time apart. Both truly enjoyed and wanted to be together as much as possible.

Granted, there had also been much more drama in his personal life than had ever been before, Laurent determined, but he knew things would settle down. In fact, things were already starting to settle down. The more distance he helped put between Larry and Manny Sandoval; the better things would continue to become.

As a result, Laurent was happy to see that Larry seemed to be thriving; so much happier than when they'd first met. Even the emotional bouts Larry had recently experienced since his divorce were starting to be few and farther between. His bunny was blossoming before his very eyes, and Laurent was even more enchanted by him each and every day.