23. A lonely heart

Hey...back with your new update.
A friendly advice...get ready with your tissue boxes from now💔💔

Happy reading...

Samaira parked her car and came out while trying to call Abhimaan but as expected it was on the switch-off mode. She had been calling him since yesterday but he messaged her telling his back-to-back meetings and they couldn't talk. Also in the morning, she tried but he didn't pick up, maybe he was sleeping at the time. So she also messages him.

Reached Hospital.

Over the last 15 days, Abhimaan's workload has become so tight and so is his schedule. They hardly got time for each other. She was also trying to engage herself in her work and enjoying it also. The whole day she didn't get much time with her duties, responsibilities of patients and new friends but when it came time to go home she never felt excited about it. 

She sighed, let's get started on a new day. 

She smiled and wished the guard who opened the door for her but he didn't smile as usual to her. He was kind of reluctant, and tense. She couldn't understand so she shrugged it off and walked to her locker room. 

Before she could reach her ward, she saw some nuisance in the maternity ward. She doesn't go there much as she has been assigned to the ICU section, she was also happy about that. She saw some of her teammates, she couldn't resist herself to check what happened. 

She went to the cabin where she was standing, they turned to her seeing her with tensed and worried expressions. She couldn't understand what was going on.

"What happened?" She asked, looking at there scared faces. She also noticed Utkarsh was also present there, looking at her equally tense. 

"You shouldn't have now, I even tried to call you but it was busy" Utkarsh said to her coming near her. She realised his call when she was calling Abhimaan. 

"I'm sorry for that actually.." She was saying but he stopped her in the middle.

"Forget it, You need to leave right now. I'll tell you everything later…go" He said to her, she looked all confused.

"Yeah that will be right for now, if the matter got sorted." One of her friends Shreya said to her. 

"But guys, what's going on? Why should I go?" She asked them again not getting their point? Utkarsh looked away for a brief moment but he really doesn't have much time to tell her before the patient gets more violent. At that moment, their senior Doctor entered with two more doctors and they got silent.

"So you are here, Dr. Samaira, we didn't expect this irresponsibility from you." He said to her in a very rude way. She got stunned.

"Do you have any idea your irresponsible behaviour could have cost us someone's life?? You almost killed someone." He yelled at her in his angry but low voice because of the patients and other people around the hospital. They need to show that the situation is under control or it will create more fuss among the patients. 

"You almost killed someone"....

What???

Samaira got shocked at her position, her face turned pale instantly on hearing this life-threatening blame on her. She couldn't believe it was this irresponsible. 

But, how is this possible??

She is also extremely careful always with her work and her patients because their profession can't deal with carelessly. It is related to someone's life. She knows the value of life, and how it feels to  look at someone.