Chapter 1

12 years later.

Chrisanna

Bringgggg. The bell sounded notifying us of the end of the lesson and day. Immediately everyone began packing their school bags, because not only did it mean the end of the day but, the beginning of a one month holiday.

"Wait" Mrs Grace said causing everyone to stop and listen to what she had to say. "As you all know you have a 4 week holiday and as such I've decided to give you an assignment in hopes you don't get bored and start missing school."

Everyone immediately groaned at that. "This assignment should be a 4 paper essay talking about a modern Romeo and Juliet." She finished with a cheerful smile

"You can't be serious" one of my classmates shouted out. And I can't blame him. I could barely finish the book myself.

Let's just say I'm not much of a reader, unless it has to do with studying and last time I checked Romeo and Juliet is worth 15 percent of my grade. It's not like I wouldn't do it though my conscious would not allow me to live with not having done it.

"You may leave" she said clapping her hands together with that smile still on her face.

The students immediately rushed out after that. As I made my way outside the school I noticed the drizzling of the sky and looked up at the clouds.

Great , guess I'm going back home wet again. I immediately started running and I arrived 10 minutes early at 'home' albeit very drenched.

As I opened the door I noticed that the house was dark, it could be due to the cloudy weather, so I immediately turned the lights on and made my way to my room to change from my wet clothes.

My room had one mattress and two thin blankets as well as 15 pairs of clothing and 3 pairs of shoes although some of then didn't fit.

As soon as I was done I made my way down stairs and started cleaning. I lived with the Clarkson's a family of millionaires.

Uncle Jacob Clarkson wasn't born rich so he worked hard and thanks to his business mind he became very wealthy. Auntie Kathy  is a retired model turned nutritionist. Thanks to that I lived in a huge mansion I never had to starve and I was fairly healthy.

They also had 3 beautiful daughters Rosie, Skylar and Paris. Rosie who was 20 took her mother's beauty, she had long straight shiney blonde hair with green eyes had her mother's model figure and was 5ft10. She fortunately took both of her parents brain power and even got admitted to Harvard university.

Meanwhile Skylar although beautiful with her father's brown eyes, she didn't inherit their brain power. She's 19 redoing her senior year. Just to show her brain power she got an F+  in Art class and that class is an easy A. But people are talented in other things, I believe she's a dance prodigy and about 5ft6

And finally Paris she's 16 and has her father's darker shade of blonde hair and their mothers green eyes. She's not as smart as Rosie and not as bad as Skylar. She's in between. She's 5ft6 and in the tennis team and the only reason she's there is to impress her crush.

Yet despite their looks their all very mean, and I call me names I'd rather not mention. But what can I do except be grateful my parents are the ones who abandoned me and left me after all.