Chapter 33

With Illya and Niko finally having graduated from school my brother's began planning my debut to society as they called it.

At first I had thought that it would be happening on my birthday but no it would be happening during the New year which was a shocker on its own.

A whole day focused on me.

My classes were now focused on adequate and dancing maybe some rules of high society my brother's didn't care much about.

They just taught me the rules because I at least had to know about them and it didn't mean I had to follow them.

My whole entire family would be there along with family friends too.

I was more excited to see uncle Lev and dedushka. Maybe brag about my improved Russian too.

I am a fast learner after all.

I celebrated my first Christmas one of many with my brother's and Alek wanted to fly us over somewhere that was warmer since he was apparently cold but I knew deep down it was because of a tiny sneeze he heard coming from me.

Alek doesn't get cold his like a whole heater. When we went to a family restaurant and it was freezing we all fought to stand next to Alek as soon as we got off the car.

He ended up leaving us hanging while he shook his head in dismay finding it hard to believe that he was related to a butch of wild  animals.

It was the first ever best Christmas I've ever had.

There was a Christmas ball too but we didn't attend since I still hadn't had my debut yet. My brother's didn't seem to mind since apprently like the new year ball it was an excuse for elders to match make their youth even against their will.

Apparently Alek was ticked into going when he was twenty two and the family involved nearly went bankrupt.

Not only had they wasted his time but he'd left his siblings alone after being told it was an emergency.

Explains why Leo uses Alek as a shield any chance he can get when dedushka tries to talk about marriage to him.

***

Finally the day had arrived and it was awfully very busy.

The day before we arrived at Russia in the family's old palace since they used to be dukes.

It was beautiful and well maintained and taken care off. Now I'd felt more like a Disney princess then not.

My personal seamstress had arrived with my altered dress. Apparently it had been worn by my great grandmother when she debuted, then my aunt when she met the king during her debut and married him, my mother and finally me.

"Surprise!!!" Bekah screamed as soon as she pushed the door open.

"Is that the dress" Amber gushed as she admired the silver shoulderless dress.

Rose stared at it as if she was staring at an object created by a god, Steph had to stop her from falling to her knees and worshipping it.

"I can't believe I'm in front of the dress that the queen wore when she met the king of England" Steph said as she looked at the dress in disbelief.

"Maybe you'll met your prince who knows" Amber wiggled her eyebrows suggestively as she moved towards me.

"I'm so glad you're here" I told the girls with tears in my eyes.

My brother's weren't allowed to see me until the ceremony began and Alek would be the one walking me down there. It was usually the duty of a father or a mother but since we had none dedushka was supposed to do it but I kindly refused and asked for Alek.

Kimberly opened the door with her eyes on her watch as women carrying bags began entering.

She looked at all of us as she set a timer "We have fours hours to get you ready."

And like that they bathed us, did our hair and put on some light make-up for us. Did our nails and finally helped us wear our dresses.

We held each other's hands before the girls had to leave.

Ten minutes to midnight a knock was heard on the door.

"Alek" I whispered after opening the door and through my arms around him.

I remained there for a few seconds before pulling away.

Alek went on one knee to be eye level with me "Ty vyglyadish' prekrasno."

You look beautiful.

I smiled at his words as I pulled my tears from my eyes.

"YA boyus'" I told Alek.

I'm scared.

"ya tozhe boyus'"

I'm scared too.

"You're scared too?" my eyes widened I couldn't believe it.

He hummed "I've only just met you after years of looking for you and know you're having your debut" he paused before continuing "You were supposed to stay younger forever."

"I still can't believe you guys exist. Sometimes I think you'll all disappear as if you were never there in the first place the thought scares me" my voice trembled as I said that.

"Then stay in that dream forever and don't you ever wake up" his voice although cold had a hint of fear and love.

I nodded.

"Now stand up straight and show them who Chrisanna Constance Sofia Vassilievi is."

I stood up straight and held my head high. I was Chrisanna Constance Sofia Vissilievi and I was a survivor.

As we made our way to the ball I thought of everything that had happened this year as it flashed through my head. They said those who were about to die usually see their life flash before them.

But for me the old Chrisanna's life wasn't flashing before her. She was getting reborn and was flying high like a phoenix.

5

I took three steps towards the door.

4

The guards on either side dressed in elegant suits greeted me as they bowed.

3

I breathed in.

2

And out.

1

"Chrisanna Constance Sofia Vissilievi making her debut."

Okay see we are done. What are your thoughts so far and tell me what you think.

Thank you for your love and support.

A special thanks to @ShanniaMegan who was the reason I completed this book. And a special thanks to others who have commented and voted on my books

I hope you all the best for you and once more welcome to the new year