Chapter 27

"W-what is this one about?" I asked Alek as he opened a book that had a very pretty cover.

He looked up at me before answering "It's about the rise of a princess from a fallen empire who later becomes a dragon slayer."

Alek was wearing a white cashmere sweater with a white button up underneath with light brown trousers and black loafers and as usual his silver glasses.

Ever since he returned and found out that I'd been having nightmares he suggested I begin reading books apparently it would help keep my mind focused on other things and when I told him it wasn't my favourite thing to do he offered to read them for me.

I wanted to refuse because his voice was cold not forgetting scary and would increase my nightmares but although cold it was surprisingly smoothing.

"I thought I was supposed to be having good dreams" I frowned as I looked at him.

"You will" he responded.

My frown deepened "And how is that going to happen when the story is about dragons" I wasn't really a fan of lizards to begin with.

"Correction it's about dragon slayers and it it won't give you nightmares" he paused as he focused on turning the pages.

"The book is about a dragon slayer. Which means when you go to sleep at night you'll be the dragon slayer and the dragon's will be the things giving you nightmares" he finished.

My face softened "I really don't like lizards" Alek's lips twitched and a saw a faint smile that appeared as quickly as it disappeared.

Plus the experiment so far has been working. Last time I dreamt I was Winnie the Pooh and spent the majority of my dream eating honey and when I'd told Sanny about why I was rubbing my tummy he immediately brought honey for me.

Although the one in my dream still tasted better.

Like that Alek began reading the book. His cold voice being the only thing that could be heard in the room.

And like Alek said a had a dream and since he didn't finish the book I had arrived at the part were the princess begins to let people in. Those people in my dreams happened to be my brothers.

Unfortunately I was stuck in that arc during the entire dream becasue Alek hadn't finished reading the book. So now not only was I thinking about what happened next in the book I was stuck in an unmoving arc.

The next morning when I woke up the book was right next to me. Alek left it there in case I wanted to read it and move faster through it.

So I picked it up only the immediately close it when I read the first few sentences.

How does Alek read those kind of words.

***

I stayed in the clinical room for a couple of days until Sanny said I could return to my room.

"How does it feel to be free!" Niko said as he welcomed me back home.

I smiled "Pretty great" I replied as I entered the house in a wheelchair even though I could walk Sanny insisted.

"But she was just a couple blocks away from home, why are you acting like she's been gone for years?" Leo said as he came from behind Niko.

He smiled at me "I think it's time you learnt how to fight... properly" he finished as Niko immediately pulled him into an argument.

Alek rolled his eyes as he made his presence known. I smiled at him when I saw him and he nodded at me before returning to his office. I feel like that was the only reason he left.

This couple of days have fortunately done wonders for me and Alek's relationship although I was still a little scared of him it wasn't as bad as in the beginning.

Meanwhile Illya who was with me gave the two a look of disgust before making his way to the kitchen. He had been complaining about medical care food and yet he still ate it with me.

It was pretty obvious that his first destination would be the kitchen as soon as we came back.

"M-make whatever your making for me too!" I called and he just waved his hand at me.

"I'll take you to your room for now, Illya will bring you your food" Sanny said and drove the wheelchair to the indoor wood like elevator and lead me straight to my room.

And for the first time in forever I felt happy to be back home.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hope u enjoyed or are enjoying your day.