Chapter 26

I didn't know where I was all I knew was that I was in danger and needed to get away. My breathing was uneven as I tore through the trees with my bare hands and legs I'd be possible but matter how much time I'd ran for I still couldn't escape the person who was chasing me.

"Anna wake up!"

As if being pooling from the ocean I  woke up and began looking around the room frantically.

I was immediately pulled into a hug and stopping before I could fight it after I noticed how familiar it felt.

"It's okay Anna, it's okay your home now. Safe and sound" Sanny said but it felt more like he was trying to tell himself that.

"Sanny" I said as tears began streaming down my face. Now that I was awake everything came rushing in quickly.

"I-I was nearly sold off" I told him blankly not noticing the darkening gaze of Sanny before he quickly fixed it.

"But now you're safe. We won't let any of them touch you again ever. We'll make sure of it" he promised and I nodded.

Although I knew they would deal with them physically I wasn't so sure about the psychological scars I had gained after my kidnap.

The door to the hospital room opened to reveal all three of my brothers Illya, Niko and Leo.

Niko was the first to approach me and I flinched away from him before I was pulled into a hug with the others joining in. I'm not sure if they noticed me flinch but I'm glad they chose to ignore it if they did.

"Are you fine?" Niko asked as he stared directly at my eyes.

"Couldn't be better" I gave him a smile that looked more like a grimace .

"If you still haven't recovered you shouldn't have to lie for our sake Chris" Ilya lightly scolded.

I just nodded in response not in the mood to reply to his comment.

"I'll have to agree with the swine on this one Chrissy" Leo added on his words.

"I understand" I replied softly and grins filled their faces.

"So where's Alek?" I asked softly since I couldn't find a shadow of him.

"He's taking care of those who planned your kidnapping and those we bid to have you" Sanny replied with a distant look.

I didn't say anything to that. More like I couldn't for all I know they could disappear today and I wouldn't care. After all I was pretty sure I wasn't their only victim.

With my brother's involving themselves in my business a lot of children and family members could have gotten their much awaited retribution.

I still didn't like blood but I could care less about evil men.

Niko flicked my forehead "You got something in that thick skull of yours" he asked trying to ignore my bandaged arm.

His hand shook as murderous killing intent he was  releasing. He had to leave before he couldn't control it for any longer.

Meanwhile the others remained with me and I couldn't help but ask myself if I was ever going to be okay.

Comments vote and enjoy ♥️