Shadow and Silver's backstory in my AU

Yes, I changed quite a lot about the two's backstories, but I tried to keep a lot of the elements of it.

(I feel it would mainly take place in the Hybrid!AU, but it would be my AU interpretation of the Mobian/Regular!AU

In my AU, Eggman created both Shadow and Silver in his lab up in space in order to cure a girl named Maria Robotnik. The two grew up like brothers, and were very close, being each other's best friends.

However, Silver had telekinetic powers, and started using them to annoy or keep Eggman away from them when he tried to do experiments. Eggman was furious, and one day, when the two were physically six (Shadow) and four (Silver), while he was allowing the two out of their cryogenic tubes to let out some energy (They were very high-string back then), he walked over and dragged Silver off. Shadow was confused, not knowing why his brother was being pulled away to a room they'd never been to before. In fact, they'd never been outside of the room their tubes were in. An hour later, the doctor came back without Silver.

Shadow asked where he'd gone, and the doctor gave him horrible news.

Shadow, though physically older, was the backup in case Silver didn't work.

Silver...

Wasn't going to work the way the doctor wanted.

So...

He had to be euthanized.

Shadow was broken by the news, not knowing what to do. Eggman didn't care. He wasn't even telling the truth. In fact, because he wasn't able to hold SIlver down enough to put him down, he instead used a machine to defuse his power for a while, pushed him into an airlock, and sent him out of the lab. The airlock sped through the space so quickly that it sent him to the future wasteland, where he grew up and vowed to save in one day.

Shadow, however, was stuck with the doctor. He grew up with him, angry at the doctor for taking his brother away and leaving him all alone. When a new friend came into his life. A little girl named Maria Robotnik, the same person that he was made to cure. She was kind to him, always talking to him through his tube, and telling him everything about Earth. They became like siblings.

Finally, Shadow felt like he had family again.

Unfortunately, nothing good ever seemed to stay from the Hedgehog. Because Eggman's lab was starting to break the agreements the government had set, they soon had enough and stormed his lab when he was physically twelve. While this was happening, Maria was working on getting Shadow and her out of the lab by one of the airlocks. She was ready to pull the lever to get her friend out, but government agents burst in. Eggman, the coward, had gotten out to earth through an escape pod.

They pointed their guns at Maria, knowing how dangerous it would be to let Shadow out. They warned her to step away from the lever, and Shadow pleaded to her to just give in. Maria, instead, pulled down the lever, starting up the airlock. One of the agents, in shock, shot Maria, nailing her in the back. She collapsed, bleeding out. Shadow banged on the glass of the airlock, begging for her to not die. Maria simply looked up at her friend, said goodbye, wishing him luck, and the airlock was launched, sending the Hedgehog to space.

It was just like losing Silver all over again.

Now, he was truly alone.