God!AU Origins - The Children of Gaia - Part 1: Creation

She watched as hybrids - Her creations - wandered the plains of the world She'd made only centuries ago. Mobius.

They were so beautiful.

Everything had been created out of love. Her undying love for everything.

And She still felt empty.

Though She saw the hybrids as technically Her children, as they were Her creations, the goddess felt lonely. And it wasn't as if She could wander among them constantly, as Her true form - which would show itself eventually - could destroy them.

She was alone.

So, She waited for a solution come to her. As She waited, She watched as the hybrids grew and developed. They spoke, they built, they became wonderful beings. All in the span of thousands of years, which all felt so quick to Her.

As She waited for a solution, She acted as the goddess of every realm. She was death and life. Fire and rain. Destruction and healing.

That was when it came to Her.

She wandered to a mountainscape where no one went. She knelt down, watching the rivers spread across the rocks. She towered above it all, even sitting down. Her vision was hazed by the clouds that floated in Her face.

She reached down and dug Her hands into the ground and clawed out a clump of dirt. The goddess split the clump into three pieces, and shaped them all into Hedgehog hybrids. The three figures weren't anywhere as tall as Her, but they were taller than most other mortal hybrid children. She smiled down at them and kissed each of them on the heads.

Instantly, the three came alive.

The goddess' heart lit up. These were Her children. Two sons and one daughter, all with the same white eyes with black, star-shaped pupils. With joy, She named them.

Sonic, god of nature, the earth, travel, and life.
Shadow, god of death, misery, grief, illness, and trauma.
Maria, goddess of siblinghood, protection, happiness, and emotional healing.

In Her eyes, they were nothing less than perfect.