Piko Piko Hammer///Oneshot

Hybrid!AU
Sonic: 14
Amy: 13
Tails: 6
Selina: 14
Linus:

"Okay, so you'll just need to watch him for a bit." Sonic said, grabbing his jacket. Amy nodded, "We'll do fine!" She said, smiling brightly at the other Hedgehog.

Tails folded his arms across his brown overalls and white shirt. "I don't need anyone to take care of me, Sonic." He said, blowing some of his blonde bangs away from his face.

"You're still a kid though, Tails." Sonic argued. "I'm mature for my age." Tails retorted.

"I'll give you that, bud." The former said, laughing a bit. "I won't take too long." He assured them, waving and walking off.

Tails looked up at Amy. She was a close friend of Sonic, and they hung out a lot. Having only been with Sonic and his adoptive parents, the Wachowskis, for a year, he hadn't met her very well.

She seemed nice and caring, but she could also be a bit obnoxious and loud. Tails had a hard time being around loud people.

After a few moments of just staring at each other, blue eyes meeting green, Amy clapped her hands. "This is already boring. Wanna go to the playground?" She asked, smiling a bit.

Tails, in a bit of a stubborn state of annoyance, tried to act uninterested. His ears, however, perked up in interest. Amy smiled, knowing that was a yes. "Great! Grab your shoes and we'll get going." She said.

Tails nodded, slightly dropping the facade. He stood up and grabbed his shoes. Amy seemed excited, opening the door. Tails quickly picked up his light yellow jacket and walked outside, putting it on. It felt nice to have clothes other than his old sweater and jeans that he'd worn for the three years he'd been all alone.

The two began walking, Amy skipping behind him. She tried talking, asking questions about him. Tails gave short answers, still feeling nervous and shy. Amy didn't seem to mind, taking in everything she was told.

They made their way over to the playground. Colorful metal playsets towered above the two children. Sawdust crunched beneath their shoes as they approached. "Pretty neat, huh?" Amy asked, looking over to Tails. The latter nodded, his eyes bright.

Tails rushed over to the swings, clamoring onto one and starting to push himself. Amy smiled a bit, watching in case the Fox needed some help to go higher.

After twenty minutes, Amy had lost her attention in Tails, sitting down on a bench and feeding the squirrels that crossed her path. She giggled, imagining her friend, Sally Acorn a Squirrel hybrid, as looking more like her animal side. She believed they used to be like that. Mobians, were they called?

Her train of thought suddenly screeched to a halt by a yelp of fear and pain. She stood, her ears perking up. She looked at the swingset in concern. She noticed the Fox was now fallen onto the sawdust. Two hybrids were there: one Snake and one Wolf.

They were laughing at him, seeming like a bunch of immature brats. Seeing it made her seeth in rage. She stormed over immediately, grabbing at a red stick-like piece of metal she always carried around.

"What do you think you're doing!?" She demanded, her green eyes darkening with rage. "Go away, Hedgehog." The Snake demanded, tossing her long green hair over her shoulder. "Not a chance! No one messes with my friends!" She yelled, raising her stick of metal up.

"Oo, I'm so scared, Selina!" The wolf laughed, rolling his eyes and looking at his friend. "What are you gonna do with THAT, kid?" He sneered, rolling his eyes. "What Linus said. Hit us over the head with it?" The Snake cackled.

Amy let a smile creep across her face as she pushed a yellow button on the side of the stick. In an instant, the piece of metal grew and the top of it formed two wide sides. A piko piko hammer, almost as big as her.

"That's exactly what I'm gonna do." She said, her voice dangerously cold. She saw Selina's and Linus' expressions slip from their smug grins to big, fearful eyes. Selina stood agape, and Linus just stared at the hammer.

They were frightened of a small Hedgehog that was two years younger than them now.

Without another remark, Amy lifted the hammer and let it come down, smacking the two back in one swoop. Of course, she didn't hit them TOO hard. She didn't want to seriously harm them (at least, not in front of Tails).

The two quickly scrambled up and ran off, cursing at her and hurling insults about both her, and Tails. Amy sighed, clicking the button to turn the hammer into a stick again. She turned her attention to the Fox, who had gotten up and was looking at her nervously.

He didn't know whether to be impressed or afraid. Perhaps both?

Amy smiled, "Sorry about getting so angry there, Tails." She apologized. "I promise I'm not usually like this. Just get a little protective of my friends." She explained.

Tails felt his heart lift a bit. A friend.

When he didn't respond, Amy chuckled nervously. She knelt down to his eye level. "You okay, Ta-" She was cut off by the young Fox hugging her. "Thanks for defending me." He whispered, though that was only half of what he was grateful for.

Amy, though a bit surprised, smiled and hugged back. "Hey, no problem, kid." She said. He soon pulled away, his namesakes swishing happily. Amy looked down at the boy, blue meeting green once again. "Wanna go get some ice cream before Sonic comes back?" She asked, standing up.

He nodded eagerly, quickly shaking the leftover sawdust from his jacket. Amy chuckled, brushing some off his hair. "Alright, let's go!"

And with that, the two ran off.

Friends.

One with some more growing up to do, and another readied with a hammer to pummel anyone who dared to mess with him.