The First Day of War///Oneshot

Mobian!AU
Amy: 11
Sonic: 12

Mobius was quiet the day of the first attack. They should've sensed something from it. Not even the wind dared the move.

That was when HE came.

Dr. Eggman.

No one knew exactly where he'd come from. He wasn't a Mobian; instead, a funny creature called a human.

At first, no one thought anything of it when the ground began to quiver. It wasn't normal, but the surface hadn't split apart, so no one minded.

Fools

It was when darkness began to engulf Mobius, did anyone begin to question what was going on.

"Mommy? What's that?" A young Hedgehog asked. She warily looked up at her mother, growing concerned at having no response. Her mother's eyes were wide, but there was a calmness to her. "Nothing, Amy. Get inside." She said, ushering her daughter inside their cottage.

The girl, Amy, huffed a bit, tugging at the hem of her orange skirt. A habit she developed whenever she was nervous or annoyed. At this moment, she was a bit of both.

The darkness suddenly overcame the sky above them, a looming cloud billowing in it. Amy froze in her tracks, staring up at the cloud. Her light pink quills darkened with the sky.

What was happening?

"Mom..." She suddenly squeaked, tugging at her mother's sleeve. Said Hedgehog was petrified with fear. Amy was staring at the same thing that was driving her mom's terror.

A huge robot, spider-like with winding metal legs and a red glow in the places that were dusty steel, was above them now.

Amy's ears tucked down, her green eyes wide with terror. The robot plunged one of its horrid legs into the earth near them, rattling the ground so much that Amy and her mother were thrown back.

The latter sat up quickly, rubbing her head. But, before she could grab her daughter and run, a claw launched down, snatching Amy and yanking her up.

Amy let out a hair-raising scream, trying everything in her eleven year old power to struggle out. The robot, however, had a firm grip, tightening it the more she moved

She felt as if the robot was almost trying to merge with her. Consume her.

Suddenly, as Amy held her breath, a blue streak of light blazed forward, right through the metal beam the claw was attached to. Amy's heart nearly stopped as she began to fall.

The blue light, however, quickly caught her, the speed ripping the claws grasp on her. The light set her down on the grass, and Amy could now see who had just saved her: a blue Hedgehog only about a year older than her.

Amy felt as if her whole world stopped at that moment. "Are you alright?" The Hedgehog asked. She blinked a few times, then nodded.

Besides the oily grim on her shirt, she hadn't really been harmed. The Hedgehog smiled, "Great!" He said. His voice was quick and excited, no matter how grim this whole ordeal was.

"Th-thank you." Amy managed to squeak. The Hedgehog nodded, "Just being a hero!" And with that, the hero was off, turning into a flash of blue light and knocking back the robot.

Amy could hear indignant yells coming from whoever was piloting the thing. There were some words she had never heard before, but she didn't mind. She was just amazed by this hero.

After hours of battle, the robot and the doctor relented, disappearing just as quickly as he appeared to who-knows-where.

Many Mobians had been lost that day.

No, not killed.

Turned.

Eggman had taken them and turned them into a robot armada. Tormented souls that could control nothing but their thoughts.

The one shining light?

Mobius had gained its hero.

That very same Hedgehog.

Sonic.

And he wasn't about to give up yet.

With every battle he fought, he knew he would win the war.

Someday.

It wasn't over yet.