Chapter 23

The next morning, the whole household sat at the breakfast table. Leia ate her usual large meal, which of course, Han had to joke about with Leia. Everyone chatted amongst each other, getting to know Luke better and sharing stories. It was a good, happy morning. Luke had plans with Leia that day to see where Padme was buried. Leia told him about when she went there and he wanted to see it, so Leia told him that she would gladly go with him and show him. After breakfast, Luke and Cora met Leia and Han at the door. Leia smiled as Han took her hand. They set off to the grave that wasn't far from the house. When they got there, Luke just stared at it. He had imagined this moment, but now that it was here, he didn't know what to say, what to do. She motioned for Han and Cora to stay there and they nodded, understanding that she wanted a private moment alone with her brother. Leia took his hand and guided him over to it.

"I've thought about this moment, meeting my mother. I always wished that it was all just a bad dream and that she was just off somewhere else. I just always dreamt of meeting her in the flesh, even though I knew it was impossible." Luke said. Leia looked at him.

"At least I can visit her. I have nothing left of Breha to visit. When I visit Padme, it feels a little like I'm visiting Breha too." Leia told him.

Luke ran his fingers over the lettering. Leia smiled at him. She gently placed her hand on the memorial and smiled, happy that Luke was finally able to be here with her. After a little while, they returned to Cora and Han.

"You alright?" Cora asked Luke.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just taking it all in." he sighed.

As they walked through town, they saw the holo statue of Padme. It was a memorial for her service as Queen and Senator of Naboo. Every Queen had a holo statue somewhere in town. Luke and Leia stopped to look at it, admiring the photo of their biological mother in her royal attire, dressed in red and her face covered in white makeup.

"She was beautiful." Luke commented.

"She was." Leia nodded.

"You look like her, Leia."

"A little." Leia admitted. They continued walking, making their way back toward the house.

"I hope our son looks like you, Han." She told him.

"I would hope so. I'm his father." Han joked. She smacked his arm and smiled.

"Han, I'm serious. I hope he looks like you."

"He'll look like both of us."

"I can't wait to meet him." She smiled. He kissed her forehead.

"Me too, sweetheart."

As they continued walking, they found a market with many shops and food stands. The four of them walked around, stopping to look at each one. They found a shop that was filled with beautiful trinkets from all over the galaxy. Leia looked around at the shelves in the shop. Her eyes suddenly landed on something that seemed familiar. It was a beautiful painting of Alderaan and the Royal Palace. Leia smiled sadly at it.

"What is it?" Han asked.

"It's home. Its my home. Alderaan and the Royal Palace." She told him, her eyes never leaving the painting.

"It's very beautiful." He smiled. Leia was staring at it so intently that she didn't even notice Han go over to the shop owner and pay for it.

"It's yours, princess." He said, kissing her temple. She looked at him and smiled, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I love you so much, Han." She kissed him.

"I love you too, Leia." He said, taking hold of the painting with one hand and taking her hand in the other as they exited the shop and headed back to the house.