Chapter 14

Leia enjoyed meditating with Maz the night before. She had done it the next morning too. She found it made her more relaxed and built a stronger connection with her son. Leia sat with Maz on the rock as they meditated together.

"Breathe." Maz said, soothingly. "Feel the light and calm surround you."

      Leia took a deep breath. She felt the calmness wash over her and the light surround her. She reached out to her son and smiled, feeling his happiness and love.

"How do you feel?" Maz asked.

"I feel good. He feels good." Leia opened her eyes.

"Good." Maz said, smiling and opening her eyes to look at Leia.

"Did you meditate when you were working as a smuggler?" Leia asked. Maz gave a short laugh.

"I tried to. But when you're a smuggler, you don't have a lot of time to meditate." Leia laughed.

"How did you and Han meet? The smuggling business I'm guessing." Leia asked. Maz smiled.

"Yes. He was a regular at my bar for years. And then he went to Tatooine and rescued you not long after that."

"I'm happy he did." Leia laughed.

      They sat there continuing to talk, when Han and Chewie came up behind them. The two women turned around to greet them.

"Hi sweetheart." He said, kissing her.

"Hi. We were just talking about you." Leia laughed.

"Oh yeah? About what?"

"Just about the old days, when you were smuggling." Maz said. Han laughed and nodded.

"Maz, would you like to help me with lunch?" Chewie asked. Maz smiled.

"I'd love to." Chewie and Maz walked back hand in hand, leaving Han and Leia to some alone time.

"Did you two have a nice time?" He asked, sitting down next to her on the rock so she was sitting in his lap.

"Yes." She smiled.

"Good." He smiled, putting his arms around her and his hands falling on top of hers which were resting on her stomach.

"She's taught me a little more about meditation. I think Luke will be impressed with what I know now."

"He'll probably be surprised you're even meditating more." He laughed.

"I like it. I was busy before and didn't really have time to do it, but now, I have time. And it's peaceful here, so why not?!"

"When are Luke and Cora finally retiring?"

"Luke messaged me the other day and said they would be finally done tomorrow, actually. I told them they should meet us on Corellia and then we can all catch up."

"That sounds like a great idea." Han said, kissing her. She smiled.

      Han and Leia sat there on the rock in the woods for a while. Han liked seeing his wife this way, so relaxed and calm. This was a nice difference from the chaos that she experienced back on Naboo. Han looked down at his wrist chrono and saw the time. It was getting pretty close to lunchtime.

"Well, what do you say sweetheart? We should probably head back now, it's almost time for lunch and we can't let the little one go hungry."

"Oh, good! I'm starving." Leia said.

"Haha! When aren't you hungry?!" he joked, standing up. Leia laughed and playfully smacked his chest.

"Hey! I'm eating for two."