Chapter 11

Leia laid in Han's arms as they lay in bed. She looked up at him. He seemed to be thinking about something. She wondered if it was something Ruwee said to him that morning. He still hadn't said a word about what they talked about while she and the rest of the family were in the garden.

"What did you two talk about?" she asked. He looked down at her.

"He just wanted to make sure everything was okay with us."

"What do you mean?"

"He heard everything last night. Your yelling, he heard your yelling and screaming and he heard me yelling back at you. Then he saw us this morning. He watched us out by the water then when we were in the field he saw us. He just wanted to make sure you and I were okay."

"We are. We're okay. You told him that, right?"

"Yes, I did." Han nodded.

"Good." She sighed.

"And I told him about it. He asked if we were fighting."

"What did you tell him?"

"He asked if we were fighting and I told him no. I told him that the yelling last night was you having a nightmare and me trying to wake you up from it. I told him about the other nightmares. He understood. Then he asked what was going on in the field and I told him we were talking about last night."

"What did he say about it?"

"He said that he understands. The nightmares, Jobal had nightmares after Padme died. He said that she would scream and thrash around, like you do. He understands, Leia." She nodded.

"You didn't tell him anything else, did you? You didn't say anything about what the nightmare was about or what we were talking about, right?"

"No, Leia. I didn't go that far into it. He doesn't know what the nightmare was about or about what we were talking about out there, he just knows that you have nightmares." Leia nodded.

"I'm sorry, Han."

"Why are you sorry? There's nothing to be sorry about."

"You shouldn't have to deal with it."

"Deal with what?"

"You shouldn't have to deal with the nightmares, my family history, me." His mouth went wide when she said the word 'me'.

"Hey, I don't mind the nightmares. I don't care who was in your family, no matter who they were or what they did. And, I love dealing with you, Leia. I love you. There's nothing that could ever make me change my mind. Everything will be fine. Our son is going to be fine. He's healthy, he's loved. He is loved so very much." He said, smiling at her before continuing, "Hell, he'll probably be just like me." He teased. That got his wife to laugh.

"If he is, then I'm in trouble." She said. He laughed. She was smiling. He put his finger under her chin and tilted it up so she was looking into his eyes. Leia was crying, his words were so sweet.

"There's that beautiful smile." She giggled. He wiped her tears away with his thumbs then kissed her.

"I love you, Han."

"I love you too, Leia." He hugged her tighter and softly smiled.

      A few weeks later, they were packing to go to the next planet on their list. Han was working on the Falcon with Chewie and Leia was helping Jobal at the house.

"Have you and Han thought about where you're going to settle down and have the baby?" Jobal asked.

"We've been thinking. But we don't have an exact idea yet. We still have a while before we have to make a final decision."