Chapter 5

Their week on Endor was up and they boarded the ship to go to the next planet. Yavin IV was next. While on Endor, they received a message from Shara and Kes. They were moving back to Yavin IV, their home planet. As the Falcon landed at the hangar, Shara, Kes, and their son Poe, walked over to greet them.

"Leia!" Shara exclaimed, hugging Leia.

"It's so good to see you!" Leia said.

"You'll be staying with us while you're here." Kes said.

"Oh," Leia said. "we don't want to impose. We can sleep on the Falcon."

"That won't be necessary, Leia. Our new house has five rooms and one is a guestroom. We have plenty of room." Shara smiled.

"Well, thank you." Han said.

      Han and Leia followed them to their house. Poe ran ahead of them. Leia laughed. She thought he was adorable.

"He has so much energy." Shara noted.

"He certainly does." Leia laughed. She looked at Han, who was smiling at Poe.

      Han and Leia unpacked their bags and went out on the patio to join Shara and Kes. Poe was sitting on the patio with his toys. Shara brought out dinner.

"That looks amazing." Han said.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"It smells great too." Leia said, grabbing plates from everyone and putting food on them.

"Thanks. Poe, baby, come to the table. Dinner is ready."

      Poe jumped up and ran over to the table. He sat down in his chair next to his mother. Leia smiled, putting his plate in front of him.

"Tank you, Princess." Poe said with a big smile.

"You're very welcome Poe." Leia giggled.

"So, what made you guys come back here?" Han asked.

"We were sent back here by High Command to train pilots here." Kes replied.

"And we missed this planet. It's so beautiful here." Shara added.

"You're not wrong there. This place is beautiful." Leia said.

      Han and Leia finished eating and Leia helped Shara with the dessert in the house while Han remained out on the patio with Kes and Poe.

"Poe is getting big." Leia noted.

"Yes, he is. Time flies by so fast. What about you, Leia?"

"What about me?"

"Are you and Han going to have any little ones?"

"Someday." Leia smiled.

"They can be a handful, but they're worth it."

"Are you and Kes going to have more or is one enough?" Leia giggled. Shara laughed as she poured another glass of wine.

"Poe is enough for now. Maybe when he's a little bit older we'll have another one."

Shara poured Leia another glass of wine and smiled. Leia looked out at Poe.

"Think he's going to be a pilot like his dad?" she asked taking a sip.

"He's already interested in ships." Shara laughed.

"He has two amazing teachers." Leia smiled.

"He does. We've told him that he could be whatever he wants to be, even though he's still too young to really understand what that means. But it looks as if he's headed in that direction."

      Han and Kes were sitting on the patio catching up. Leia and Shara came out with the dessert. Leia handed him another glass of Corellian Whiskey.

"Thanks sweetheart." He said. She leaned down and kissed him.

"Dessert time, Poe." Kes said.

      Poe hurried over. His eyes went wide as his parents put a piece of pie on his plate. Shara poured their son a glass of milk.

"Tank you, mommy!" he exclaimed.

      Han giggled. Leia looked at him and held his hand in hers. They ate their pie and continued to catch up. When it became dark outside, everyone moved inside and continued to talk for a while before everyone agreed they were tired.

      Han followed Leia into their room. She sat down on the bed, changing into her pajamas while he stood in the fresher brushing his teeth. He came out and laid in bed next to her. Han kissed her. She caressed his face.

"I love you, you know that?" he said, putting his arms around her.

"Of course, I do. You know that I love you?"

"I know."

They laughed. She rolled over and turned out the light. She fell asleep laying in his arms.