Chapter 2

Friday was here before he knew it. He woke up and smiled. She was looking right at him. His hand brushed her cheek and he kissed her. He couldn't wait for tonight. She smiled back. 

"Good morning handsome." She said as she sat up.

"Good morning princess."

"I have one meeting this morning and then I'll be right back here with you and we can spend the rest of the day together."

"Sounds perfect." He said as he got dressed.

       Leia left for her meeting which would give Han about four free hours to himself. So, he went to the hangar and worked on the Falcon for a little bit. He was tidying up the inside of the Falcon. Luke came on board and saw Han restocking medical supplies.

"Hey, kid."

"Hi Han. I saw the ramp down and thought you'd be on here. I was wondering if you and Leia want to come have lunch with Cora and I today?"

"Sounds great. I'm sure Leia would like that."

"Oaky, great. I'll see you around 1230-ish?"

"We'll be there."

      Han was sitting in their apartment waiting for Leia to come back from her meeting. He com-texted her to tell her about lunch and she said she'd love to. She walked in and kissed him.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"It was great. It was an easy day. I'll just get ready for lunch." She said. Han followed Leia as she walked down the hallway to their bedroom.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"My day was good. I just worked on the Falcon a little bit."

"That sounds like a good day."

"Yeah. It was." He smiled. Leia walked into the fresher and emerged a moment later. She had changed out of her work clothes and put on a pair of leggings and a t-shirt.

"You ready to go?" she asked.

"Mhmm." He replied with a smile as she kissed him.

      They walked to the restaurant and found Luke and Cora who had already gotten a table. Leia hugged Luke and Cora and sat down beside Han.

"It's good to see you, Cora." Leia said.

"Good to see you too, Leia."

      Cora is a beautiful girl who is a pilot alongside Luke. They flew a few missions together and they began dating not long after that. Their time with the Rebellion would be up soon too. Cora had been a pilot ever since the Battle of Yavin.

"Hey Han, how about a drink at the bar?" Luke asked.

"Sure kid. Leia? What would you like to drink?"

"I'll have wine."

"Cora would you like something?" Luke asked her.

"I'll also have wine."

"Okay we'll be right back." He smiled. 

They stood up and walked to the bar and ordered their drinks. Luke turned to Han.

"So, tonight's the night?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. We're gonna have dinner at a nice fancy restaurant and then, when we're done, we'll go for a walk and that's when I'll propose." Han smiled.

"That sounds perfect."

"Thanks kid. It took a lot of thought."

      Back at the table, while the guys were getting the drinks at the bar, Cora and Leia were chatting with each other. They hadn't seen each other in a while. Leia knew that Cora was a great person and that her brother really loved her a lot.