Chapter 17

The next day, the five of them spent the day walking around town and catching up. In the afternoon, they went down to the beach. Luke, Cora, and Chewie headed back to the house at sunset. Han and Leia stayed behind, telling their friends that they would be in shortly. After they walked away, Han walked over to Leia, who was lying down in the sand. They both knew that they were trying all day to avoid talking about it, but now they were alone and they knew they had to talk about it sometime.

"Hey," he sighed, giving her a soft smile. "This seat taken?" he joked. She laughed and patted her hand in the sand. He smiled and sat next to her.

"Last night, you told me we would talk about it today." He said. She nodded, sitting up. "I know you talked to Chewie."

"I did." She nodded.

"I know that you're worried." He sighed.

"Yeah, it's natural for someone to worry about things when they are pregnant."

"Leia, I know you're scared."

"Oh. You do, do you?" she sounded frustrated.

"You don't have to be."

"I don't see you being the one who has to have this child." She snapped at him.

"I know, I just want you to know that you'll be fine." She shook her head and stood up. Han stood up beside her.

"Oh, thanks. That really helps a lot. Do you have to be concerned about dying?" she spat out. Han stared at her.

"You won't die. You'll be here for years and years. We already talked about this." His anger showing.

"Then why are we talking about it at all?!" She yelled. "You told me you didn't want to talk about it anymore and I agreed, Han. Have you heard me talk about it since that day?"

"No."

"See?! You know I haven't. Besides, when I talked about it, it was to Chewie. Not you! You're forgetting it was the same day too. I was scared, Han. More scared in that moment than I am now. You were right that day. Let's not talk about it anymore." She huffed and began walking back to the house.

      Han stopped her when she was halfway there. He grabbed her arm and turned her around, his hand still on her arm. She looked at him.

"Leia." He sighed.

"Let go of me." she said, obviously still mad.

"Stop. Listen, to me." he said. "I love you."

"I know you do. Now, let go of me." she shrugged her arm away and ran the rest of the way.

"Leia!" he yelled after her. When Leia got to the patio, Luke met her. Not long after, Han was almost there.

"What's going on?" he saw his sister's face. "What happened?" he asked her.

"Why don't you ask him?!" she said before quickly walking inside. Luke watched her go inside, then turned and looked at Han.

"What happened?" Luke asked.

"Nothing." Han said, walking inside.

"I don't believe that. We could hear you two yelling."

"Why can't she just understand that I care about her?!"

"She does understand."

"No, obviously she doesn't."

"Han, sit down." Luke said, sitting on the couch. Han sat down next to him. "What happened." Han explained what they had been talking about.