Chapter 7

Han and Leia left Yavin IV a week later. They had a lot of fun visiting their friends and they even got some great parenting tips. They were now excited to go to Kashyyyk so Chewie could see Malla and Lumpy. They would stay for a week and then leave. When Han told Chewie where they were going, he was so excited. Han told him that they could stay for as long as he wanted, but Chewie kept insisting on a week. He was excited about travelling too. They landed the Falcon and walked to Chewie's house. When he walked in, Malla had been cooking while Lumpy was playing with his toys.

"DAD!" Lumpy exclaimed. Han and Leia were glad they knew Shyriiwook because if they hadn't, then they would never know what the three were saying.

"Hey! Lumpy!" Chewie said, scooping up his son and hugging him.

Malla heard Lumpy and ran to the door. She saw her husband and his friends. She hugged him and kissed him.

"Sweetie! I've missed you so much!" she said.

Han and Leia smiled. Leia understood. She knew what that feeling is like. She felt it when she freed Han from the Carbonite.

"Han, Leia!" Malla said, hugging them. "Please come inside!"

They walked in and sat down. It was perfect timing because Malla had just made dinner.

"Congratulations Leia!" Malla said.

"Is it noticeable already?" Leia asked with a smile.

"No. Wookiees can smell if someone is expecting a cub, no matter what species." Malla replied.

"Oh. I didn't know that. That's very interesting." Leia giggled.

"Dinner is delicious, Malla." Han said. Chewie agreed.

"Thank you." She said.

      After dinner, Malla and Chewie sat on the couch watching holovision and Han and Leia were on the Falcon. Chewie and Malla kept insisting that Han and Leia stay with them in the house, but Han and Leia wanted to give Chewie time alone with his family since he hadn't seen them in so long. Chewie and Malla understood, so Han and Leia slept on the Falcon. This gave them time alone as well.

      They laid in their bed talking to each other. They talked about the baby, they talked about what planets were next, they reminisced about the days passed.

"I can't wait until we find out what we're having." Leia said.

"I think it's a boy." Han said.

"No, no. I think it's a girl."

"Why?"

"At least I hope it's a girl."

"Why?" Han laughed.

"Because I don't want to be outnumbered." She said, both of them laughing.

"Maybe it'll be twins and we'll be equal." He said. Her eyes went wide.

"Uh, how about one at a time flyboy." She laughed. He laughed and nodded.

"I was just joking!"

"Uh huh." She teased.

"I was joking!" he laughed with her as he tickled her. She kissed him.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." He smiled.

      Every day for the rest of the week, Han, Leia, Chewie, Malla, and Lumpy did things together. At night, it would just be the two families separated, but during the day, they all hung out together. Malla and Leia would talk about motherhood and Leia got some good tips from her. Han, Chewie, and Lumpy would go to the Falcon and work until lunchtime. After lunch, they would all go to the shops together.

      Today was the last day on Kashyyyk. Leia and Han had a big Wookiee feast with Chewie, Malla, and their son. Leia's appetite was beginning to speed up. Han thought she was going to eat everything in her path.

"Leia, there's this thing called breathing? I don't think you've heard of it." He chuckled.

"Han, I can't help it. It's part of being pregnant. Your son is hungry." She smirked, raising an eyebrow. Malla and Chewie laughed at the couple.

"Just wait until the funny cravings, or the friskiness." Leia added.

"I thought the friskiness already started?" Han said.

"Not quite yet."

"Oh, well, if it hasn't started yet, then what do you call what we did last night, hmmm?" he smirked. She playfully hit his shoulder and smiled, blushing a little.

"Okay. You got me there, flyboy." They laughed.

"So, where are you off to next?" Malla asked.

"We're thinking of going to Naboo." Leia smiled.

"It's beautiful there." Malla said.

"It sure is. Han and I can't wait to go there."

"Yeah. I guess Leia has family from there." Han said.

"Oh really?" Malla said, surprised.

"Luke says there is but its awkward. I worked with two of them. Pooja and Ryoo are sisters and they're my cousins. My mother's name was Padme and she was from Naboo. We don't know more than the fact that their last name is Naberrie. A few months ago, I asked them if they knew we were related this whole time and they told me it wasn't until they had told their family about Luke and I being brother and sister and learning of his last name, they were told we were related." Leia said.

"It'll be wonderful to meet your family." Malla said, smiling.

"I hope they can tell me more about my father before he became Vader and about Padme. Not even Luke has found anything out about her."

"I'm looking forward to it," Han said. "I think it'll be nice. Naboo is a beautiful location for a little family reunion." He said with a smile. Leia laughed at him.

"There wasn't really any other choice except for Naboo, Han. That's where they're all from." She said and everyone laughed.