Chapter 18

As they approached Bespin, Leia joined Han and Chewie in the cockpit. This would be the first time they would be in Cloud City since the day Han was frozen in carbonite. Han gave them the clearance code and they were granted permission to land.

"Well, that went smoother than last time." Han joked, landing the ship. Leia gave a short laugh.

     They grabbed their bags and headed down the ramp. Lando was already standing there, waiting for them. He walked over and greeted them.

"Han! How are you doing? It's been a while." Lando exclaimed, hugging Han.

"I'm doing good. No surprises this time I hope." Han said.

"No. No surprises this time." Lando laughed. He turned to Leia and hugged her.

"How are you Leia? You're still looking just as beautiful as the last time I saw you."

"I'm doing well, thank you." She said.

"Congratulations on the baby."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Here. Let us take your bags for you." He said, gesturing to the guards approaching them to assist them.

"Oh, thank you." Leia said.

"You're welcome." One guard said as he took her bag. The guards walked into the building with their bags.

"I'll show you to your room." Lando said.

      Leia, Han, and Chewie followed Lando into the building and through the halls. It was just how they remembered it looked. Leia held Han's hand as they walked with Lando to their room.

"Oh! I would like to invite you to dinner with me this evening. Don't worry. There will be no Sith lords or bounty hunters at this dinner."

"We'll be there." Leia said.

"Great! I'll see you later then." He nodded and left the couple alone. He walked with Chewie and showed him to his room.

      Han closed the door. Before he could walk away from the door, Leia kissed Han, almost knocking him over. He put his hands on her waist and looked at her.

"Woah! What's all this about?" he smirked.

"We have a while before we have to be at dinner." She whispered in his ear.

"Hmm. I could get used to these hormones." He laughed. She smiled, pulling him over and onto the bed.

    She kissed him and before they knew it, they were lost in each other, enjoying the warmth of her skin touching his skin. He ran his hands up and down her back as she ran her hands through his hair. They sighed as they laid there next to each other, breathless...speechless.

"Sorry I jumped you like that."

"I know it's not your fault sweetheart. And I actually didn't mind it. Plus, I think we both needed that." He laughed. She laughed and kissed him.

      Leia stood in the fresher, putting on her makeup. Han kissed her on the cheek, stepping next to her to shave. She looked at him in the mirror, smiling at him.

"What?" He asked looking at her in the mirror.

"Nothing." She smiled. "Just looking handsome."

"Thanks, sweetheart. You're looking very beautiful in that dress." He smiled, washing and wiping the shaving cream off his face. To her surprise, she blushed. He laughed. Leia playfully smacked his shoulder.

"We should probably get going." She said, handing him his jacket.

"Yeah. Don't want to keep Lando and Chewie waiting." He said, getting a small laugh out of Leia.