Chapter 13

Han walked into their cabin and sat down on the bed. Leia was still asleep. He looked down at her. He really didn't want to wake her but he had to, they were landing on Takodana soon.

"Leia." He whispered as he brushed his hand across her cheek. She opened her eyes. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Good morning." She said.

"Morning, sweetheart. I was just up in the cockpit with Chewie. We'll be landing on Takodana soon." She nodded and got out of bed.

      Han helped her get ready and even made her breakfast. They sat at the table together, eating their eggs while he drank his caf and she drank her tea. When they finished up, they walked to the cockpit together as they approached the planet. Han gave transmitted his clearance codes and they landed. As they walked down the ramp, Leia looked around.

"Wow." She gasped.

"What?" Han asked.

"It's so beautiful here. You were right, this place is definitely green."

"I knew you'd like it." He smiled.

      They held hands as they made their way to Maz's castle. The walk wasn't that far away from there. As they approached the entrance, Leia noticed all the flags that decorated the entrance to the castle. She noticed that they were flags from different planets.

"I don't think I've seen so many flags in one place before." Leia noted.

"Many smugglers, pirates, travelers, and other people who come through here sometimes bring a flag with them, especially if they come through here a lot. They give their flags to Maz and she puts them up. Some of them that are different colors are prayer flags that people bring to her." Han explained.

      Han had been through the doors of Maz's castle many times. He had too asked that question when he first met Maz. Maz had owned the castle for more than fifty years. It was where scoundrels, smugglers, pirates, and the like came to relax or even find business sometimes. Every time he came to the castle, there always seemed to be many new flags hanging outside.

      Han opened the doors and they walked in. Looking around the dimly lit bar, Han saw Maz walking toward him. She smiled and greeted them.

"Han! You're back." She exclaimed.

"Yeah. And I brought the big guy." He joked.

"Chewie! My boyfriend. It's been a while." She smiled. Chewie laughed.

"Hello, Maz. Yes, it has been a while but I told you I'd be back." Chewie joked.

"And you must be Leia." Maz said, walking up to Leia.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you. Han told me so much about you." She smiled and shook the short woman's hand.

"Good things, I presume."

"You know I have only good things to say about you, Maz." Han smirked.

"Follow me. I've set up a room for you upstairs at my place."

      The three of them followed Maz up the stairs and to an apartment. The walls, like the outside of the castle, were made of stone. Han and Leia put their bags down in the bedroom that Maz had put them in. He noticed how in awe she was since she they walked into Maz's Castle.

"I told you you'd like this place." He smiled.

"It's beautiful here. Maz is nice." She nodded.

"I know, I told you." He kissed her.