Chapter 6

The next couple days consisted of Leia and Shara doing things around the house while Han went to the hangar with Kes and Poe. Leia loved seeing her best friend again.

      Shara was born on Yavin IV. When she was about five years old, her family moved to Alderaan. When she was eighteen, she left Alderaan and went back to Yavin IV to become a pilot. That's where she met Kes. He was born on Yavin IV also but lived there his entire life. He took her under his wing and taught her a lot of things about ships and maneuvers. He quickly learned that she was a brilliant pilot. They were sent on missions together and they began to fall in love as they worked with each other more often. After being together for three years, they got married and two years later they had Poe. They have been married for five years now. Both Han and Leia admired that Shara and Kes were still as passionate about flying as they were when they first met each other eight years ago.

      Han and Leia would walk through the woods together and enjoy the beautiful setting around them. Chewie would join them sometimes. Chewie usually just stayed behind to work on the Falcon. Han tried to tell him that he didn't have to do that but Chewie insisted. There were trails that led to the water and they'd go swimming on the hot days. At night, they would lay in bed and Leia would fall asleep in Han's arms.

      One morning, Leia woke up and bolted out of bed. She ran into the fresher. Han felt her get up fast and he sat up. Once he realized where she went, he ran to the fresher. He opened the door to see her leaning over the toilet.

"Leia? Are you okay?" he asked, holding her hair back. She nodded.

"I'm fine."

"Why are you sick?"

"It's probably just a little bug or something."

"Okay. As long as you think you're alright." Han nodded.

      He helped clean her up, then headed down to the hangar with Kes. Leia made it two hours before she was sick again. This time, she was talking to Shara when she ran to the fresher. Shara followed her once she heard the sounds.

"Leia!" she exclaimed.

"I'm fine. It's probably just a bug."

"Were you sick last night?"

"No. I didn't even feel sick." She said fast before heaving again.

"I got sick about two hours ago. It woke me up and I woke Han up by sprinting into the fresher."

"Do you think you're pregnant?"

"What?!" Leia said, not believing what her best friend had asked her.

"Just take a test, Leia. You've been more tired than usual. You've gotten sick twice this morning. You don't even have to go out and get any tests. I have a couple extra."

      Leia sighed and nodded. She didn't think she was but it was possible. The last time, that time on Endor, they hadn't used protection. Shara opened the cabinet and took out a box and handed it to her.

"Take one test and see what it says, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks." Leia said staring at the box.

      She did what the box said to do and she waited for the results. She never extited the fresher this whole time. Shara was waiting outside the door. When it came down to a minute remaining in the development of the results, she called Shara back in. They waited together. When the minute was over, Leia closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She picked up the test and looked at it. Positive. Leia's eyes went wide. Shara looked at her.