Chapter 19

Leia and Han sat waiting in the exam room in the medic's office. Han held her hand as they sat there waiting for the medic. There was a knock at the door and the medic walked in.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Solo, I'll be your medic today." The medic said. Han and Leia nodded.

"So, what brings you in today?"

"Well, I'm at six months now and I just wanted to have a checkup." Leia said.

"We've been travelling from planet to planet and haven't been to a med center in a little while." Han added.

"I see. I can do that for you." The medic nodded and smiled.

      The medic had Leia lie down on her back on the exam table as she ran the scanner over her. When it beeped, she looked over the results.

"Everything looks good with mama, now let's get a look at your son. You have a datachip yes?"

"Yes, we do." Leia said, handing it to her.

      The medic plugged in the datachip to her datapad and viewed it. She had Leia remain lying on her back on the exam table. She had Leia lift her shirt a little and moved the wand around. After a couple minutes, the medic wiped off Leia's stomach and told her she could sit up.

"Everything looks good with your son too. Just be aware of what you can and can't do when travelling. I'm sure other medics have told you this before but, when you're travelling, don't over exert yourself. If you do, it's not good for you or the baby. Other than that, everything looks good with both of you."

"Thank you." Leia nodded, smiling.

"Have a nice day. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to come down here or call me. Oh, here's your datachip. Safe travels." She said with a smile and a nod before walking out.

      Han helped Leia off of the exam table. He kissed her, putting the datachip in the pocket on the front of his jacket. Holding hands, they left the room and exited the med center. They walked back to their room, Leia walked in and into the bedroom to change into a simple dress.

"So, now what do we do?" she wondered. "We have about five hours until the party."

"Well, I actually have a surprise for you." He smirked.

"Han, I'm not in the mood right now."

"No, no, no. That's not what I meant. It's nothing like that." He laughed. "Just trust me. C'mon sweetheart. I know you'll love it."

"Okay. I'll trust you." She laughed.

      Leia followed Han out of their room and down the hallway. They walked down a few more hallways before they came to a window, overlooking Cloud City. It also had a beautiful view of the sunset. She looked down and there were many pillows and a blanket. She thought it looked like a picnic.

"Take a seat sweetheart." He said, helping her gently sit down. She looked at him in confusion as he stood back up. "Now, close your eyes...and don't open them until I say so."

"Okay." she said, sighing as she closed her eyes.

      She heard Han's footsteps go away from her and then she didn't hear anything. A moment later, she heard his footsteps coming back toward her.

"Alright...and...open!" he said excitedly.

      Leia opened her eyes and gasped. He was sitting there with a cake...a birthday cake. She smiled at him and looked up at him.