*•chapter one•*

chapter one :
hacketts quarry forever!
|
August 22nd, 2021
17:07 | 5:07 pm — (y/n)
—————————————

" Bye! "
" Laters! "
" Peace and Love! "
" See ya later, kids! "
" Yeah, Hacketts Quarry Forever! "
" Until next time, my friends! "

The young adults all watched as the school bus full of noisy children drove off into the distance, taking them all home. The moment the yellow vehicle came out of sight, they all got to work putting their loads in the car.

"Hey Em!"

You called out, running over to your older friend.

The blonde turned around at the mention of her name and sent you a smile. Walking toward her, you met her in the middle and shared a high five.

"What's up, (n/n)?"

"Kids are gone, let's go get our suitcases and Abi."

With a nod, Emma carried on with the plan and you both started walking back to the cabins. On your way to the cart, you both walked past Jacob, your brother, and Kaitlyn.

"Hi, Emma, (y/n)."

Kaitlyn greeted. You both looked to your left and waved at your fellow counselor.

" Hey! "
" Hello! "

17:23 | 5:23 pm — (y/n)
—————————

" Hey Picasso! "
" Hey there, party bear! "

You and Emma both greeted Abi with smiles. Abi paused her drawing and looked up at you two.

"Status report?"

Abi asked. You bit your lip out of habit and skipped over to your pink haired friend.

Emma answered for you both, "We are officially empty nesters. High-Five! Up top!"

Abi reached up to high-five Emma and their hands conjoined. After a couple of seconds, they both let go and sighed.

"...Oh boy. You're about to get your phones back, aren't you?"

Abi whined. You only shrugged while Emma let out a sigh of relief. She went up the stairs, taking large steps to the cabin door.

"Let's go collect our bags and away from this mosquito-infested, backwoods dump."

As Emma was about to open the door, Abigail's voice stopped her.

"Doors locked. Bags inside."

Abi said. Both you and Emma let out a disapproving sound.

" Fuuuck me. "
" You're kidding, right? "

Then a light bulb went off in your head. You passed Abi up the stairs and did some stretches.

"It's obvious what we have to do here." You said with a smirk.

"Find someone with a key?" Abi asked.

"Pull a kool-aid man! And by Kool-Aid man, I mean burst through this stupid door and grab our things."

You explained, your smirk still on your face. Emma then nodded her head with a smile, "I was thinking the same thing."

Abi hesitated for a moment before coming up the stairs to help her best friends.

"Okay, let's do it. We'd better not get in trouble." Abi told us.

"I won't tell if you won't tell." Emma replied.

"When have you ever seen me get in trouble here?" You had asked Abi.

Abi and Emma shared a look, causing
Your smirk to be replaced with a grumpy expression.