*•chapter ten•*

[ i couldn't keep myself from NOT referencing Until Dawn a couple of times in this book :P
emily >>> everyone else ]

chapter ten :
Nature Walk
|
02:35 | 2:35 am — (y/n)
————————

You were walking through the woods of Hackett's Quarry in search of your brother. You were tired, exhausted, and any other synonym there was that went with how you were feeling.

You heard a growl in the distance and pulled out your gun. You weren't taking any chances, if anything jumped out that looked like a weird animal, you were shooting it.

There were many questions in your head; how many werewolves were there? do they all look the same? You didn't know. There were only three you knew of, Max, Laura's friend who was on the island. Chris Hackett, who is somewhere to be found, and Nick.

You had pieced together any other possible werewolves. Your other hunch was Caleb. If Kaylee had to have been infected as well as her dad, then that must've meant Caleb was most likely a werewolf as well.

Another growl was heard around you and the rough patters of feet hit the ground. It was another one of those things. You were now on your guard and attempted to calm your breathing.

Out of nowhere, a werewolf had jumped right in front of you. It's red eyes stared into your own. You recognized it as the same werewolf that attacked you and Nick.

Maybe it had come back to finish you both off.

"Heya buddy..." You softly cooed. "You here for round two?"

The werewolf only barked at you and attempted to approach you. You didn't think twice before shooting it in the face and running off.

The wolf howled and chased after you.

As you ran, a branch stuck out of the bushes and you quickly jumped over it. The werewolf however, didn't get lucky and tripped. You continued to run, not turning back or even looking back.

Running deeper and deeper into the woods, you found no sign of your brother. Just a werewolf that had come to kill you.

You hadn't paid attention when a rock stuck out of the ground and you fell to the floor. The growls had came back and the werewolf was only a few feet away from you. You quickly sat yourself up and aimed the gun at the animal.

You debated on whether or not you should stand up or remain seated. You ultimately decided on staying on the ground. You didn't want to risk dying.

[ 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝟑/𝟓 ]

Then you shot it again.

The wolf only whimpered and wiped it's face and growled at you. You attempted to shoot again, but your gun wasn't firing. Your gun was jammed. It was only getting closer and the only thing you could do was scoot away.

Right as the red eyed wolf was about to pounce, another had jumped down from a ledge and landed on the one that was about to attack you. The two seemed to be wrestling or fighting.

With them distracted, you took the opportunity to run and bolted out of there. As you ran, you checked the casing of your gun to see what caused it to get stuck. You groaned when you notice two bullets tried to fire at the same time. Just your luck.

You slowed to a stop and flipped the safety on before placing the bullets back where they belonged. Once you were sure, you continued walking through the woods and ignoring the pain in your knee.

This is when you took note of your surroundings. You found yourself near the Hackett Mansion and heard someone running. It wasn't heavy enough to be the werewolves, but not light enough to be an animals. Then crying. A male crying.