*•chapter four•*

chapter four :
The Custos Siblings
|
21:10 | 9:10 PM — (y/n)
—————————————

"Jesus Christ, dumb ass fucking game. We aren't 12, why am I even angry?!" You muttered to no one but yourself.

You walked away from the others not too long ago into the woods of Hackett's Quarry. Your unfinished beer being you're only source of comfort. Taking another sip of the bitter alcohol, you continued your rant.

"Fuck, I left Jacob back there. Who knows how he's feeling.." You paused, "Wait... fuck! Where am I?"

All around you was just trees, you began walking around in an attempt to at least see a familiar path. Taking another swig of your beer you walked down a long narrow path.

"they took everything from me.."

You turned around at the faint sound of a woman talking. "Hello? Abi, listen I wanna be alone right now.."

Nothing.

You took a deep breath in before continuing on your path. That couldn't have been Abi, the voice sounded too old.

"something's here..."

Your heart was beating faster by the minute. You were alone, you and the others were the only people here. So who the hell was out in these woods with you?

Or what.

Continuing on with your journey, you stopped walking when you heard a faint growl not too far from you.

"Fuck.. What did I do.." You whispered to yourself. Your grip on the bottle had tightened just in case you had to use it as a weapon.

"(y/n)..."

"Okay.. what the fuck was that..?" You were now tense, the last time you had been this terrified was when you were walking home from school by yourself for the first time.

"(y/n)? You out there?"

That was Nick. Why had he come looking for you? Surely he was having fun sucking face with Emma. Out of pure frustration, you said nothing back.

"(y/n)! It's dark c'mon, you're gonna get hurt!" Nick yelled out.

You shook your head, not believing anything he said. Might be true, but you didn't care. After a couple seconds, Nick had run into your line of vision.

"(y/n)... It's dark out here, why'd you run off?" Nick asked you. His eyes shifted from the beer bottle in your hand to your face.

"Just felt ill.." You mumbled.

You walked away from Nick, hearing him walk with you, to the log you sat on a while ago.

"Really, what's up?" Nick took a seat next to you.

"Got a little too much for me, made my head hurt.." You said, very obviously avoiding the situation.

"Yeah, truth or dare really is a stupid game."

"But the things it makes you do aren't really stupid, are they?"

Nick paused at your words before replying with an awkward chuckle.

"Sometimes yeah. But this time it really did." You both didn't say anything for a while. You could've sworn you heard a growl but it must've been the alcohol making it's way to your brain.

"Guess Emma has a thing for you after all. Hope my brother handled it well.." You said, your head just being filled with your brother's sad tales about him and Emma.