*•chapter sixteen•*

(f/a) is fav animal <3

chapter sixteen :
investigations , interrogations
|
10:21 | 10:21 am — (y/n)
———————

"Officer Blaveau, this is Lawson. Half of their group is already in and is almost finishing up here. How close are you?"

"Fifteen, sir."

"Guess that's what you get for leaving later... You and Owens stop for a donut at least?"

"You wish. Had to stay behind for some evidence. A silver bracelet with a (f/a) charm on it. Found it lodged in a shotgun shell."

"Make sure it's in a bag. Have the survivors wait outside of the interrogation room. Then come to my office."

"Copy that, sir."

You fiddled with your fingers as you listened to the cop in the driver's seat talk to his superior. It obviously wasn't Travis since he was one of the people being questioned, with it being his family's property and all.

Behind you, was another cop car. Ryan, Laura, and Max were in the one behind you. You weren't alone though, on the right side of the backseat, Nick was looking out the window.

Despite his focus being elsewhere, his left hand rested on top of your thigh. His thumb lightly caressing your outer thigh.

You shifted yourself a little closer to Nick, now sitting on the middle seat. He moved his hand on your thigh to wrap his arm around your waist.

You laid your head on his shoulder and fiddled with his hand that was now on your left thigh.

"You two okay back there?" The officer asked, looking through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, we're fine. Just shaken up." Nick answered for the both of you.

Blaveau only hummed and looked back at the road ahead. The police station was only a couple feet away.

The car eventually stopped, along with the car that was tailing behind you. The cop escorted the five of you into the station which was bustling with noise.

"Alright, some of you are gonna be out here waiting while we get some of you into questioning." The cop that drove you there said to the five of you.

You all nodded in reply as he walked to a tinted glass door with a few benches next to it. Emma, Abi, and Kaitlyn were all sat down on a bench while Dylan was leaning against the wall, his bandage had been changed by a professional from what you could tell.

"Jacob's inside. He'll be out any minute." Kaitlyn informed you all.

Laura and Max's face scrunched at the unfamiliar name while the rest of you only hummed in response.

Just then, the tinted door opened revealing your brother, who was now wearing clothes, and an officer who looked mildly annoyed.

He then pointed at you, "Come on, you're up." With a curl of his finger, he walked back inside expecting you to follow.

You quickly shot a glare at Jacob before following the cop inside and closing the door behind you.

Guess you were jumping straight in.

"Have a seat please." He stated, placing a recording device on top of the table that separated you two.

It was a grey painted room with a single light on the ceiling that illuminated the entire room. Tucked in a corner, was another cop who seemed to be acting as some sort of bodyguard just in case something went wrong.