*•chapter seventeen•*

cw ! bullying , cause little kids suck

chapter seventeen :
Camp Nightmare Fuel
|
11:22 | 11:22 am — (y/n)
———————

"I'm sorry, what?" Kaitlyn was the first to speak up about what you just said.

"It's a long story, you guys. God..." You trailed off, "I regret it so much."

"Well, what happened? If it was an accident then you both shouldn't have to worry."

You and Ryan made eye contact and gave you a small nod of approval, telling you to tell your friends about what had happened.

"Well... It was eight years ago. Ryan and I were campers with Kaylee and Caleb." You began to recall the incident.

July 13th, 2013
13:17 | 1:17 pm — (y/n)
———————

"Hurry up! Jeez, you guys are so slow!" A young eleven year old girl coaxed her friends and older brother.

"Kaylee! My legs hurt! And we aren't supposed to be here without a counselor!" A younger girl with (h/c) hair said yet continued to follow her older friend.

"Oh my gosh, we'll be fine! You're worrying over nothing."

Behind the two girls were two other boys, one with pale skin and the other with a darker complexion. They stood side by side but the obvious height difference is what told the two apart.

Ryan was the shorter one however, Caleb being three inches taller than him.

"What did you want to show us anyways? It's just the treehouse." Ryan spoke up. His voice still in the prepubescent stages of life.

"Exactly! We can actually look around without someone telling us where to go. Look at the view."

Kaylee had you all looking out a window that showcased the entire camp within the woods, the horizon beaming over the waters giving it a soft glow.

"Let's go to the top," Caleb suggested, "We can see hella stuff there and the zip-lines there."

Kaylee was the first to agree with the idea and climbed up the ladder leading up to the top of the treehouse. With little reluctance, you followed behind her, Ryan and Caleb coming up behind you.

The four of you made sure to stand in the center, careful to not stand too close to the edge. Ryan held your hand due to his fear of heights, something you learned when you first became his friend.

"It's so pretty!" You fawned.

Ryan hummed in agreement while Caleb and Kaylee began messing around near the two of you. Caleb was trying to climb up the bar that held the zip-line and Kaylee was hitting him with a stick she found.

"Kaylee, stop hitting me! I'll tell dad!"

"But you look like those piñatas! Drop me candy!"

You and Ryan just watched the two, the sound of children's laughter filling the air of the treehouse.

"Oh my god, you guys are so annoying."

Your laughing was cut short when you noticed another person had made themselves known on the island. It was a girl in your cabin. She was older than you all but still in the age range of acceptance. She wasn't the nicest of the bunch, always picking on either you or Kaylee, some times both of you.

Ryan had told you both to tell Chris but the last time you tried, she held you underwater for a couple seconds before letting you resurface. Since then, you weren't able to swim unless Ryan or your brother was right next to you.