*•chapter five•*

chapter five :
A Full Moon
|
21:20 | 9:20 PM — Ryan
—————————————

It was just Kaitlyn, Dylan, Ryan, and Abi left at the campfire. The remaining counselors went their separate ways. The sounds of the crisp fire and burning oak filled the cold night, no one daring to say a word.

Til Dylan began talking.

"That was some mighty fine social disruption there, Kaitlyn, I have to say." Dylan inquired.

"Ah, or was it just the nudge that (y/n) needed?" Kaitlyn responded with a small smile.

That caused Abi to say something, "Even if it was, it went too far. It's not safe for them all to be out there in the woods. It's hunting season." Abi said worryingly.

"True, but Kaitlyn's plan could potentially work.." Ryan said, taking a sip of his alcohol.

"Who do you think is gonna make the first move? Nick or (y/n)?" Dylan questioned the other three.

"Oh good Q." Kaitlyn sucked a breath in, "My bet's on neither."

"I dunno. Nick's got the beast in him." Ryan quipped.

"Uh, if by 'beast' you mean some sort of mild-mannered baby deer..." Kaitlyn said sarcastically.

"Hey, don't let that cute preppy aesthetic fool you. It's like a steel barbecue grill under that shirt."

Kaitlyn held in a laugh by scoffing at Ryan's defense. Dylan smirked at Ryan's observation, "So, you noticed that too, huh?"

Silence filled the area once again. Abi inhaled before speaking her mind. "Well what do we do now? Shouldn't we, I don't know, go find them? Check on them?"

"I don't know, maybe we should leave them alone. Give them space." Ryan said.

"I guess, if you say so. But what if they get hurt or-" Abi was cut off by a scream in the distance and a gun shot.

Everyone looked toward the woods and stood up from their spots. Ryan was the first to stand and tense up.

"That sounded like (y/n).." Ryan informed, now making his way for the gun.

"Oh my gosh! Ryan, put the gun down!" Kaitlyn said to him.

"We gotta help her, she could be in trouble!" Ryan cried out.

"Wait, where did it come from?" Abi asked, now standing next to Ryan.

"This way! Come on!" Ryan lead himself, Kaitlyn, Abi, and Dylan towards the woods.

A running figure could be seen in the distance, a (h/c) haired female hastily ran down the stairs towards the group of four.

"(Y/N)!" Abi yelled out in alarm, running to her best friend's aid.

"Fuck! Help! Please... Nick! Help him!" (y/n) yelled out to the four and collapsed into Abi's arms.

Abi held onto her younger friend and looked up at Ryan and Kaitlyn. Ryan watched as Abi comforted (y/n) through her panic attack. What the hell happened in the woods?

"(y/n)! Are you alright? Are you hurt? You're covered in blood!" Ryan asked her.

"Something attacked Nick and I! He saved me but now he's hurt! Fuck, someone go help him!" (y/n) cried out, still breathing heavily.

"Go after Nick! Go!" Kaitlyn told him.

"Okay. I got this." Ryan kept a grip on the gun. "Keep her safe, please. If she gets hurt, Jacob'll have our heads."