*•chapter nineteen•*

chapter nineteen :
the quarry's curse
|
11:43 | 11:43 AM — (y/n)
————————

"Werewolves?" The cop was the one to break the silence between the two of you.

"Yes, werewolves. What attacked Nick and I in the woods was a werewolf. He turned into one as well, Dylan got bit by one too which is why I cut his hand off." You explained, feeling a weight leave your shoulders.

"Are you sure you weren't just hallucinating? You all were presumably covered in blood by then—"

"You're not listening to me!" You angrily interrupted, "It's the fucking quarry's curse! It's real and so is the Hag from Hacketts Quarry."

"The child's tale?"

"Yes! It's real! The werewolves came from this boy from a traveling circus and he bit all these people and those people turned into werewolves every full moon, and then they bit Nick and Dylan but Dylan I was able to help. Nick then bit Abi and I thought she was dead but apparently she turned later into the night."

"I'll bite... what about your other friends that are covered in blood?"

"Emma might've been bitten when she came back to the lodge. Kaitlyn was bit by Abi when she and Dylan were trying to get a car for us to leave. And then I..."

You paused.

This was the time when the person who you thought loved you the most sacrificed you for his own sake.

"You? When were you attacked?"

"I was in the woods looking for my brother... When I found him I was so happy but he kept going on and on about how he was sorry for something."

"Did he ever tell you what he was sorry for?"

"He apologized for wrecking the car. He said he only did it so he could spend one more night with my friend, Emma. I got so mad at him that I hit him in the face."

"You physically assaulted your brother?"

"Not like that! It was a slap to the face, not a punch!" You continued, "I felt bad but I didn't verbally say it. Then out of nowhere these two werewolves surrounded us, I aimed my gun at the one in front of us—"

"You had a gun on your person?" The cop asked you, somewhat startled at the fact that a camp counselor had their hands on a firearm. You only nodded in reply, picking at the skin around your fingernails.

The cop let out a deep sigh and wrote down on his notepad. How badly you wanted to just grab that stupid pen and throw it at him for obviously not believing you and wanting to pin you as some type of hallucinating psycho.

He looked at you, expecting you to continue after he had interrupted. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes but complied nonetheless.

"My brother, Jacob, he pushed me towards the werewolf and ran off. I was so scared... It jumped on top of me and tried to kill me! I shot it's face but it just got angry and bit my arm."

"What about the other one? You said there were two."

"It helped me. After I got bit, the other one tackled the one on top of me. I felt like something was keeping me on the ground. The one that helped me must've won because the other ran off."

You felt a small smile creep up onto your face. Despite it being a terrifying moment, the fact it was Nick who had saved you was the only thing that clouded your mind.

"He checked on me afterwards.."

"He?" The cop curiously asked.

"Nick. I can tell it was him. It had the same eyes as him and it treated me with such kindness. It didn't make a move to attack me. He just checked on me then left." You explained with a content expression on your face.