*•chapter fifteen•*

chapter fifteen :
Lover Boy
|
08:37 | 8:37 am — (y/n)
———————

"Nick..."

"(y/n)!"

The Australian man ran to you, despite the disapproval of the medic who was helping him, and hugged you tight.

You immediately hugged back and laid your head on his chest, glad to hear his heartbeat. Nick laid his head on top of your own and lightly placed kisses on your crown.

"I was such a dick, god." He began, "I missed you so much. I don't remember much, but I saw you a lot tonight."

You looked up at Nick with a hint of confusion etched on your features. "Nick, after you turned, that was the last time I saw you. What are you talking about?"

"In the woods with Jacob. I tried to keep you safe but you got bit. I'm surprised you didn't shoot me..."

Then it clicked.

"Nick, you were the werewolf with the white eyes! That explains a lot... Why would you save me? I thought you wouldn't be conscious while infected."

"I wasn't at first. But over time I was. First thing I remember was being in a cage, Jacob being there too. I almost got shot but Ryan stopped the blonde woman."

His words made your eyes widen. While infected, you were able to sense who else was infected. Laura was infected when her and Ryan left, so why couldn't she tell that it wasn't Chris she was gonna shoot, but someone you knew?

It didn't make any sense.

You felt horrible knowing you almost lost the guy of your dreams. The love of your life. Just the thought of losing him made you slightly tear up.

"I'm so sorry, Nick. You got hurt and bit all because I was too slow to realize what was there... I wasn't even to tell you that I loved—"

You quickly caught yourself before you could splurt out that one sentence that tied someone to any other thing.

"What?" Nick had pulled away from you, watching your face contort to one of embarrassment.

"Nothing."

"No, it was something." Nick teased with a smirk.

You pouted at his words and lightly shoved his shoulder, your tears long gone. He chuckled at your flustered stance and gently cupped your face with his hands.

"Did you fall in love with me during the summer?" He asked, cheekily.

"Maybe... Maybe not..." You trailed on, getting lost into his brown eyes.

"Well, I fell in love with you during the summer. And I'd go through this god awful night over and over again just to be able to tell you constantly."

"You would?"

"I would."

You both were unconsciously leaning in towards each other's faces. You only realized it when you felt his breath fan across your face.

Your eyes locked.

Nick's finger lightly brushed your cheek, you remembered it as his cute little way of asking if what he was about to do was okay.

You nodded your head, not even sure if he noticed the slight movement. You were happy to know he did when you felt lips against your own.

It reminded you back to when you were in the woods talking about your feelings. The kiss felt like fireworks set off. This one was different, a good different.