Chapter 31

Chapter 31

HABANG TINATAHAK nila ang daan papunta sa selda kung nasaan nakakulong si Luther ay hindi niya naiiwasang hindi tumingin sa mga lalaking nakakulung sa mga selda. Lahat sila ay tumitingin sa kanila at ang iba pa ay parang iba ang titig na ipinakita sa kanya. Kaya nilunok nalang niya ito at bumuntong hininga.

Nang makarating sila sa main area kung saan may maraming mga lamesa at mga upuan ang nakikita niya ay pinahinto sila ng police officer at pinaupo sa isang bakanteng upuan. Tumango naman sila at dumako doon. Nang makaupo sila doon ay nilagay nila ang kanilang mga gamit sa kanilang tabi at saka tumingin sa kanilang paligid.

The ambiance feels very turbid, it hurts his throat. The place looks very secluded but its sophisticated and clean. Not the kind of a common jail that he imagined. Everything around him was as busy as it is.

Nang matapos siya sa kanyang ginagawa ay bumalik ang kanyang mga mata kay Inara at nakita niya na tumitingin-tingin din siya sa kanyang paligid. Wala siyang nagawa kundi bumuntong-hininga. "I feel left out. I don't know why," He said. Then Inara stopped whatever she's doing and suddenly gave her attention towards him.

"Hmm? Why did you say so?" She asked. Upon hearing this, Roscoe only sighed and bit his lip. As he was about to reply to her sentiment did the gate suddenly emitted a clashing sound. Their attention to each other suddenly drifted away and they ended up looking at one direction.

There, they saw two police accompanying a man wearing an orrange outfitted attire with boots so dirty with mud and the vibrant orange attire soaked wet and stained by some unexplained dirt. The man's head was crotched down and they couldn't seem to see his face.

But because of the man's outstanding composition and his body form, his familiar hair style, his familiar aura, his familiar hands, his familiar ears and his familiar body, he knew that it was his father. Luther was walking primly and properly while being carried by the police personels.

Nang itinaas ni Luther ang kanyang ulo ay tumigil ang kanyang mga mata sa isang lalaking nakaupo sa harapan ng babae. Luther saw all familiar things that he saw on the man. He became more beautiful for some reason. There were scars on his arm but it was already degrading.

Then he remembered the boy. Oh how could he forget it? How could he forget Roscoe? How could he forget his only son whom he infiltrated so much pain. Oh could he forget how he was clouded by anger and irritation.

"R-Roscoe." He said his name.

For approximately 3 years in time, Luther had never pronounced the name of his begotten son nor did he able to say its name on a certain day. And saying his son's name made all his memories about his son and him surged down his mind, including that unfavorable event he encountered with his son wherein he actually almost killed him.

He bit his lip after that realization.

He knew that his son wouldn't be able to forgive him because of how cruel he is on their first meeting after 5 long years. Oh he wanted to be killed by his son. Tinangalan ng mga pulis ang posas na nakatali sa kanyang mga kamay.

"We'll be giving you at least 20 minutes to converse with the inmate." One police reminded. Then Inara and Roscoe nodded and then the two police left them alone in the area. Umupo si Luther sa harap nina Inara at Roscoe.

Inilagay niya ang dalawa niyang kamay sa armrest ng lamesa at saka hindi nagsalita dahil sa tinding pagkapahiyang nararamdaman niya. Iang mahabang katahimikan ang namagitan sa kanila. It was due to awkwardness.

Soon enough, when Inara already lost her patience, she moved her shoulder to hit the latter. Then the latter looked at her and she saw his emotion. It was sad and scared, he did bit his lip.