Chapter 35

Warning - mature language****{Sebastian's POV}

*
*
*
*
{Sebastian's POV}

I sat in the office, waiting for any news about Christopher. He's my best friend and I would do anything for him. Thinking about how I had misplaced our friendship throughout the whole Vito saga and gaining y/n's trust back had taken it's toll.

I tried to do everything to make up for it. Placing more security, cameras, giving both Chris and y/n more time to themselves. Thinking back on it, I had done a lot and now I sit here in hopes that my best friend from childhood will make it.

A knock on the door, interrupts my thoughts. I take a drink of my whiskey, placing it down on the desk and staring at the door. "Come in"

I was hoping it would be Dr. Rodrick coming in to tell me either good or bad news. Yet, it wasn't. To my surprise, it was y/n.

It was way past midnight and I thought she would have either been by Chris' side or in her own asleep, waiting for the news as well.

"We need to talk" Came her tired voice.

I gestured for her to take a seat. She closed the door and proceeded to do so. "Do you think, right now is the perfect time to talk?" I said those exact same words she said to me, back at her.

"I do" she sat down and crossed her left leg over her right. "We have a lot to discuss"

I picked up my drink and offered it to her. She shook her head. I on the other hand, swallowed whatever was remaining in it and got up to pour myself another one. "Christopher is being attended too. Don't you want to be with him? As you made it clear earlier tonight that you needed to be by his side"

"I never said that"

"But it was there. In your actions. The way your body felt, your emotions, your tone of voice"

"I just saw Chris being helped in through the door with blood dripping from him. He had two shot wounds and a stab wound. How the fuck was I suppose to feel or behave?"

"Doll... this is the life, the job that myself included will have to go through. We do this everyday, not knowing if we'll make it out or not"

"Am I suppose to just watch you die?"

"If it comes too it, yes. Although, if I was to die I would love it to be by your hands"

"What?" she asked, confused. "Are you drunk?"

I wouldn't admit it, but I was slightly. "Nevermind. It's late, y/n... what did you want to talk about... about Camila?"

"She told me everything"

"Everything that I've told you, already. Nothing new" I sat back down, glass in hand. "It's been a year and you thought now was the perfect time to tell me about this?"

She ignored my question and continued "she told me about how you, Chris and Zakaria were friends..."

"And...what did Camila have to say on the topic?"