Chapter 36

Warning - Mature language & Violence****{Your POV}

*
*
*
*
{Your POV}

{Two Weeks Later}

I took on more work than what I had expected and what Sebastian told me that I would. I was in meetings in regards of new projects that Chris was signing up for and meeting the cities people in order to help them out with any problems that they might have. I respect Chris on what he does.

"Miss Romano, you have a meeting in five minutes" Michelle informed me.

"Can't we push it back to another day? I have so much things to take care of here before heading home to attend to Chris"

"You have reschedule this meeting a few times and I am afraid, they are not taking a no this time around"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, send them in"

I finished typing some important documents when the door opened again and Michelle walked in, followed by another two men. My dogs shot up on the feet from their resting position and suddenly everyone stopped.

"I apologise for that. My dogs have been on guard for a while and are very protective of me" I looked at Michelle "Thank you, you may leave now"

"That is good to have. They know their duty and know who to warn off" The man's deep voice said.

I went to shake their hands and coming to the second man, I knew him. I pulled my hand back and stepped away. He looked, smirking at me. I distanced myself from them by going behind my desk. My dogs were on either side of my desk.

"You have been a hard women to see, Miss Romano"

"Where is he?" I asked, trying to sound confident

"I am here in his position. He was attending to other matters and required that I take his spot for this meeting"

"What do you want?"

"Just to talk. Nothing more. He wanted to know how well his old friend is doing, after what happened" They sat down, making themselves comfortable.

"Don't bother in sitting, I want you out" I pressed the red button on my desk and immediately Sam come in, gun raised

"Now, now... He doesn't want anymore blood shed. He feels bad for what happened to Mr. Evans and wants you to pass on a message to him"

"I am not doing such things. If he has a message, he can pass it on himself. Maybe then all three of them can settle things like actual men without the blood and bodies lying everywhere"

The man who was talking, waved his hand in the air when he noticed that his own man was shot right up from the chair and pulled out his gun.

"You talk about blood shed, yet you have this one here ready to shoot" he titled his head to the side to face Sam "If he knows how to shoot that gun"