Chapter 3: Secrets & Boxes

No One's POV:

"Tabbi please tell me what is with that knife." Cole asks his wife as she paced around her room. "Does it have anything to do with the spy?"

Tabitha whimpers in a frightened tone with her head covering her ears. They had successfully removed the blade from her side and healed her in the process. They even gave her medicine to cure her sickness, but that didn't calm her anxiety. The nervous queen had hidden the mysterious blade in a chest of her most important things under the bed in their room.

"Tabitha! Listen to me, I need answers!" The king frustratingly shouts, making the queen stop in place. "We never keep these sort things from each other."

Tabitha grizzles once more. "I know, I know." She says into her hands. "I didn't mean to overreact."

Cole stands up from the bed and heads over to his wife. He gently grabs hold of her hands and pulls her close to his body in a loving embrace. "Don't worry Tab, I know you didn't mean to do that, but I must know what's going on."

Tabitha sighs, turning her face away from her husband's. Cole holds her chin and turns it to look back at him.

"You promised that you weren't going to keep any secrets from me." He reminds the woman of her vow. "Please tell me what problem is with that knife. If it has anything to do with the spy, then we could use this information to our advantage."

The glassy eyes that Tabitha had could make anyone feel sorry for her as she grimaced at the thought of the weapon. She vigorously shakes her head and quickly backs away from him.

"No. I'm sorry, I can't." She tells him in a soft voice. "Not now... I need to get something done. Sorry." Tabitha rushes out of the room so she could distract herself from the previous events.

Cole could only grumble and sigh in exhaustion. "You guys can come out now." He says in a low breath with a wave of his hand.

From the closet out came Varian, Leo, Adrien, and Izuku with a loud bang. They fall on top of each other from the door opening all of a sudden, and stay there for a little bit before standing back up. They four of them rise and walk over to their friend, who was continually rubbing his eyes with two his fingers from one hand, as the other one was on his hip.

"What am I going to do?" Cole groans, finally letting go of his face and gazing over to the other boys. "Tabbi's obviously hiding something from me. She never does this. She tells me everything!"

Varian shakes his head along with the others. "Tab alway seemed to have... difficulties when it came to secrets in our dimensions. After she received her powers in Corona, she became confidential about the constant pain she was in. It was weeks until it became too much for her and finally came to me for help."

Adrien nods his head in agreement, hopping onto the large bed. "Yeah, when Hawk Moth was controlling her, she didn't want anything to do with anyone. Afraid that she stepped out of line then you and our friends would get hurt."

Cole didn't seem to be understanding what the guys were trying to tell them, so they just went to the point.

Leo puts a calming hand on the king's shoulder prior to speaking his mind. "What we're trying to say is that eventually it'll become too much for her, so she'll 'spill the beans', and we will soon all find out what's going on with her."

"So we wait?" Cole asks with an unsure guise. Leo and the others nod their heads at this. "How long will that take? What if she never tells me?"

Leaning against the nearest bedpost, Izuku shrugs his shoulder with a calm expression. "Don't worry Cole, she will. Just you wait. Like you said; she doesn't keep anything from you."