Chapter 16: Death Wish

No One's POV:

"I WANT THAT MAN DEAD!" Came the rage filled roars of Cole as he and the Council race through the halls to the throne room. "I don't care what it takes, or what relations I ever had with him; I WANT HIM EXECUTED!"

The doors to the Throne Room slam open as Cole and the Council finally stop walking to talk. Many servants were preparing for the Gala occurring tomorrow night, yet quietly stopped whatever they were doing to hear the interesting conversation. Everyone in the village had heard about what happened the other day with Tabitha's terrible ultrasound appointment.

When Cole found out, due to Lee calling him, he was furious. The King's unbridled rage was shown as he magically stormed to the hospital room Tabitha was being kept in. Lee, on the floor with tears with Raven by her side, explained everything to him and expressed every bit of regret she had for not protecting Tabitha. He was remorseful towards her and thanked the elf for calling him.

The doctors previously told Cole that after losing the designated 'donated blood', Noah had filled the Queen's bloodstream with a hurtful amount of opium; an addictive drug prepared from the juice of the opium poppy, used as a narcotic and in medicine as an analgesic. There was a cure for her but Tabitha was to be in the hospital until she fully recovered, yet due to a healing spell she was able to go to the castle the very next day.

The baby on the other hand had not survived the sudden attack.

Cole spent the next few hours in his room crying his eyes out. His room was the epidemic of distress after hearing the news of his unborn baby's death, and his Queen's injury.

Yugataro, unaware of the recent events, found his brother in the bathroom, along with Max and many other friends and family. When hearing the unfortunate news, Yugataro instantly sympathized with Cole, hugging his brother as Cole sobbed into his arms. The picture of the infant's ultrasound lay halfway crumpled on top of the large mattress. Max, shedding tears of his own, joined in on the embrace while clutching onto his father for reassurance.

Now in the present, Cole was filled to the toe top with of rage and vengeance for his family as he thought of ways to stop Noah. Max, now in his princely attire and his grandmother, Lily, by his side, hurries over to his father to try and help the council calm him down.

"That man will pay for what he has done." Cole growls angrily towards the Council with a stubborn attitude. "I don't care how but he will."

"Your majesty, please! You need to calm down." Priscilla tells her monarch with worried eyes as she plead. "Noah will pay for his crimes but your fury is beginning to become concerning. It's time that you put this matter aside until you have a full on plan thought out, then we can act on it."

"Baby please listen; I'm as upset as you are about that man, but you need to relax." Lily places a comforting hand on her son's shoulder as he huffed, and puffed with the draining anger that was still inside of him. "Noah has done too much upset you-."

"He killed my unborn child!" Cole hisses in defense. "A precious thing that I would have given my own life for just to care and see! Aren't you angry?!" He asks them with tears in his eyes as he slowly but surely began to break down. "My poor child..." the King whimpers in a soft tone.

Placing a hand over his face to cover his cries, Cole turns from the others just to have a moment to himself. Max inches over to his father to sympathize with him. The young prince grabs hold of Cole's arm, startling the man at first yet he soon calms down and takes a deep breath to relax.

"It's okay.... I'm okay." Cole sighs as a stray tears slips down his cheek. He wipes it away before the others could say anything about it.

Max shakes his head at this with a light grimace on his face to show his disagreement. "No, dad, no you're not. You need to chill out, man." The future king admits. A concerned glare soon appears on his face. "You didn't sleep at all last night, did you?" Cole nods his head. "How 'bout you get some rest while we take care of things today, since you desperately need it?"